I don’t really have anything to say… other than life has been crazy. Within the realm of normal crazy, but crazy none the less.
My washer went out the other day. And after spending a good amount of time trying to figure out just how old it is, we finally figured it out. Real old. So we decided to get a new set. I hate the mismatched thing and since I don’t have a door on my laundry room and it’s a pass through room, hubs humored me. The dryer hasn’t been doing all that hot (get it, get it?) for a while anyway. Every so often I go in and it’s gone through the cycle and the clothes are wet and cold. Grrrr. So yeah.. it’s just time.
I’m waiting now on Lowe’s to come and deliver my set. Hoping it will be soon. It’s funny how every time we get something new, I remember all the things that happened during the life of that machine or item. We bought these machines when Bub was a toddler. And used them to pieces when he was sick. And now use them like crazy keeping the girl in uniforms for school. How can three people dirty up so much laundry?
Well, they just arrived and I’ve got lots of laundry to do. See y’all later! : )
11 comments:
Enjoy your new toys! Well, as much as one can enjoy a washer and dryer!!
You are going to love your new ones. I think you'll save water, electricity, $$ and time with the higher-efficiency newfangled way they're made. Maybe laundry will be more fun? Maybe that's a bit of a stretch.
I know what you mean about the history of things. The fact that you washed & dried Bub's clothes in them makes them more special than the average appliance, to me.
To answer your question, I don't know how we go to the hospital, either. Some days I can't do it, but for the most part, our memories are of the tender, wonderful care they gave to Katie and to all of us. (The bad stuff/bad news happened in the CT scan room, clinic, etc., and I do have unhappy feelings about going there.) I guess bringing the quilts makes me feel like I'm fighting cancer, in a way - fighting despair & grief with comfort.
Enjoy the new machines. I envy you.
I also think about how a item has served us before it is thrown away or given away or taken away.
Now, I do it even more though...because it seems that EVERYTHING has a connection to Noah in some way shape or form....and then after thinking about it I can't let go of it.
For example...
My dining room set. We've had it for 17 years...All 3 of my children have eaten at that table, played games on it, did art projects and home(School) work on it. It's served refreshments at holiday parties, and brunch socials.
It is really banged up and looks like crud. But gosh...with all that being said....I can't let it go.
~Dawn
Pictures?????
oh maybe laundry will be more fun... for like, one day! but i bet you'll smile when you pass the laundry room :) happy new washer & dryer :)
I hope your new machines serve you well and that the craziness of life slows down soon! ( :
For sure a good washer & dryer are vital!
Have fun with all the new features, and getting caught up!
Kathleen
There is nothing better than new appliances. *sigh*
Enjoy!!!!
Thank you so much for your sweet note. I really do (sometimes) feel at my wits end! I keep reminding myself that when you 'raise a child right.... they will not depart from it' (very poorly paraphrased, I know....)
But still. At times it is ROUGH.
I will take your advice and take her to Chick-Fil-A for breakfast (just us) on Saturday. Or maybe IHOP. Wherever she wants. And perhaps she will talk. :)
Thanks again. :)
-Tracey (HWHL)
PS: Have fun with the new washer/dryer! We just got a new washer.... after 19 years with the old one!!! :) Believe it or not, the 19 year old dryer is still humming along!
Yeah for new washer & dryer!!!! We moved into our new house 4 years ago and I got the front loaders. I like how the washer spins so much of the water out before they even get to the dryer.
On the subject of memories attached to things, I am that way about my clothes, the outfit I wore to the funeral, etc. Also when I buy something new, I think this is an outfit, after Peyton, not that he cared two hoots about what I wore, it's just something that runs through my mind.
Enjoy laundry day!!!
Post a Comment