Friday, October 2, 2009

don’t save the date

I’ve been out and about today and goodness gracious! People are in a fowl mood everywhere. I guess I didn’t get the memo that it was National I’m mad as heck and I’m not gonna take it any more Day. Wowwy!

I went out with the hubby to get a flu shot and another lady in line was raking the pharmacy tech over the coals because something had been overlooked. She was NOT happy and she went on and on and on.. while we waited and waited and waited.

And then I went to the grocery store and a man in there was fussing out a young man working there about some sort of pricing issue he was having on a CLEARANCE table and demanding to see the manager and going on and on. Pu-leeeze!

There is just so much stress in the world right now. So many are jobless or feel the threat of joblessness looming. People are trying to live on less. People are worried about this H1N1 flu that’s beginning to run rampant. There is just a lot goin’ on.

I have been feeling the stress myself, especially regarding this flu stuff. I’ve read every report about it and have been mentally counting down the days until hopefully the vaccine becomes available. And those with asthma, like moi, have been pushed a tad further down the list.

A part of me just wants to stock up the freezer, roll up the sidewalks and not go anywhere until I/we can get vaccinated. Home school wouldn’t be so bad, would it? I don’t think we’d become stir crazy after a day or two month and a half, would we? We could just think like a snow day for about six weeks. Sounds pretty unappealing, huh?!

I dunno though. I still might cut back to just one grocery store visit per week instead of the two or more I do right now. And since I’m not much of a ‘shopper’, cutting out that sort of thing isn’t that hard. Hmmm maybe I could survive a time of being ‘out’ less. What about you?

**Guess I should add here that YES, I am quite the hand sanitizer girl. A squirt here, a squirt there, everywhere a squirt squirt!

4 comments:

Jill said...

I haven't really kept from going out, but I do try to be careful not ot get too close to people, especially if they're coughing or sniffling or something. But I think it is probably better for our immunities to be out around people than to isolate ourselves. Just speculation on my part though.

Gberger said...

Yes, pass the hand-sani, please! I wish that people who were sick would just.stay.home, and keep.sick.kids.home, but they DON'T, and that is why everyone is catching it!
I'm with you on staying at home more...a trip to Costco can eliminate a couple of grocery-store trips! Have a healthy weekend!

Susan said...

Two of my boys have already had H1N1 this season. We avoided it with a dose of Tamiflu when they were sick. I still plan to get the shot when it comes.

Hope you are having a good week...and yes, I squirt all the time!!

:-) Susan

Busy Bee Suz said...

Well, I did not get the memo either. :)
I hope you can get your shot and not worry too much. We visited a few colleges recently, and they were practically drinking the purell everywhere.