Friday, October 23, 2009

last night’s dinner

So last night I made this little breakfast casserole thingy. It’s good. It has bell pepper, onion, potato, (turkey) bacon and egg (beaters, in my case).  Of course, you have to mix all of that stuff together in order for it to, ya know… taste good.

Everybody in my family claims to like it so every once in a while when I’m feeling lazy, we’ll have it since it’s so easy to throw together.  Nice little breakfast casserole and a bowl of fruit really isn’t a bad dinner.

The only problem is… my husband doesn’t like green peppers.  So his plate ends up looking a little bit like this when he is finished.

P1010519

And Miss Boo can’t stand potatoes, so her plate ends up looking a little bit like this when she is finished.

P1010520

And then there’s my plate.

P1010521

At least *I* liked all of it.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

It looks very yummy.
I make something similar but instead of potatoes I use Bread. The bread soaks up the egg and everything gets all nice and HAPPY

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is very funny Kay!!! My hubby does not like green peppers either, and my girls pick at their food like little raccoons. I think you and I could eat what they DIDN'T!!!!
And I would not call this a lazy dinner...it was still work.
Take care, Suz

Jill said...

I'm a picky eater too. I've outgrown it somewhat over the years, but there are still a few things that I just can't deal with. Of course, when I'm the cook, if I don't like something, I just leave it out.

Gberger said...

I LOVE having breakfast for dinner. My plate would have been clean, like yours!

Wade's World said...

That sounds like Jackson when I cook anything with corn in it!