Thursday, May 7, 2009

what up with that???

I opened the frig the other day and that is what I saw! Just exactly what is up with that? Can you not SEE that the 2 liter is um...empty? But hey, that's ok... I'll take care of it. Don't mind a bit, hubby dear! And later the same day, I was putting things back in the pantry. And noticed I had two open boxes of cereal sitting out. Upon further inspection, one of the boxes was empty! No really... don't mind at all, baby girl. No problem. I'll just take care of this after cleaning house and cooking your meals and folding your clothes. Don't give it a second thought! Really.. I insist! Sometimes I just don't 'get' things like that. It is empty! Throw it out. Or at least move it. Don't put it back. And then they wonder how come I don't know when they're out of something. Gee... I wonder! All kidding aside, I'm not upset. It just made me laugh and of course, roll my eyes!
And well... what can I say about this last shot. It made me laugh too! I was making a file box to put some papers in and she decided the file folder box was just the thing she needed. Cracked me up! She used to be able to get into a regular sized gift bag. Um.. not anymore. Supersize me!

7 comments:

Dawn said...

good question!! WHY can't they just throw it away??? the rootbeer bottles side by side crack me up! i think someone is messing with you :)

meow! if you bought that cat a nice comfy bed (like my daughter had to have for ours) she would still love that box!

Pam said...

Dawn.. yes we did buy her this really comfy bed, round with high furry sides and she wouldn't even step in it. We finally threw it away.

But she loves boxes and baskets and laying on paper things. Cats are so weird! : )

Gberger said...

I love cats...and humor is one of the reasons. =) Great photo.
As to the empty stuff, I can't answer "why," but I think every household has things like this going on...for example, I have a family member who doesn't close drawers and cupboards.

Dawn said...

OH I just LOVE it when the family puts empty things back instead of the Trash. But what comes around goes around. In our house, the girls are now responsible for putting the groceries away after Travis and I go get them and haul them in the house. So little miss Beth is now the one who complains about empty boxes in the pantry. The ones that SHE helps leave there. So she's actually compaining about HERSELF. LOL. It's so funny if you think about it.

Thank you for the note on my side. Really you are right about FB, and it not really being very personal. I like to keep up and chat with old friends and such...but my Blogger is SOOO much more theraputic. And ALWAYS there for me. So I have to agree.

You know...I'm so much better now that I am off the medications. Even though I'm am irritable. On the meds I was in total LA-La Land. And now things matter to me. The girls don't like it because I am not so relaxed about everything anymore. When I tell them to do something....I want it DONE! And they are not use to that anymore.
*shrug*

Busy Bee Suz said...

Does this box make my butt look big? So cute.
I found the butter plate in our fridge the other day...with NO butter on it. Really, who thought to put it back? All the time with the empty cereal boxes too...
**scratching my head***

Kathleen said...

The SAME people that live at your house live at my house too!

They ignore empty toilet paper holders, leave empty bread bags, and put empty ketchup & mustard containers back in the frig.

But I have nothing that compares to kitty! Crack me up!!

Kathleen

HWHL said...

Hilarious! We used to have 2 cats (Mortimer and Jasmine) and Jasmine especially used to LOVE to sit in boses like this. I guess they love that feeling of being slightly enclosed, although it does make them look somewhat "chubby". Very cute photo and it brought back fond memories of my late, great kitty cats! :)

And as far as the empty 2 liter bottle, I think I would (gently) BONK my husband over the head with that (smile on my face while doing it of course). :) He's old enough to know better!

Hope you have a WONDERFUL Mommy's Day weekend! (And yes, I celebrate it all weekend long!