This is an odd week. Perhaps I could call it a preview of the summer months to come. For one thing, it's warm. I'm not a cold weather fanatic at all. I like shorts and tshirts and tank tops and my Birkenstock sandals.
But the weather isn't the only thing summer like. I've got my girl home with me this week. Her class went to DC and NYC this week and she didn't go. We are new this school year and committing to something like that when we barely knew a single thing about anything there was hard. And also she has a finicky tummy and can't live on junk food for a whole week. She would be sick. as. a. dog! So between the two, we all thought it would be best for her to stay home.
So here we sit. Yesterday was a mix for her. She woke up late. Which thrilled her. The kids had to be at the airport at 6am. I'm kinda glad we missed out on that part too! Later she'd say they're in the air. (she loved flying when we went to Disney) And then she said they're at the Holocaust Museum (which she did NOT want to visit... just too emotional for her. She is very much like me. I don't want to see it either. I'm not in denial... I think it's because I'm NOT in denial that makes it harder for me to see those images.) And then as the day wore on, she began to wonder what they're doing 'now'.
She was a busy girl yesterday, as the kids that didn't go were assigned to do a power point on 'anything' and it had to be seven slides long. So she did it on the Lincoln Memorial...even though she could have done it on 'anything', she thought it would be interesting to learn. Who is this kid... oh wait... sometimes she does take after her dad. He's the 'history buff' in the family.
But there have been times she's been, shall we say...bored. And we've got three more days to go to get to the weekend. But she's kept a positive attitude even though she's disappointed about the trip and is seeing the positive in this situation. (we do have some fun things planned this week, lest you think I'm just letting her sit and twiddle her thumbs)
She's a sweet thing and I love her.
If only the city waterpark were open, we'd really be having a taste of summer!
3 comments:
aww...I bet you are enjoying your taste of summer with your sweetie.
We are talking about going to D.D. this summer...I have never been myself.
I understand you both wanting to avoid the holocaust memorial. I am also a softie for such things and they really hurt my heart. Linds has been working on a report of it and Hitler and keeps giving me more information that just upsets me so much. We have a Holocaust museum here (small) and she wants me to take her...NO CAN DO. Bad Mom, I know.
I won't suggest a massage for you both...I know how you feel about that.
Enjoy your time with her!!!
Suz
Hey Kay....How are you?
You've been on my mind for a couple days, so I wanted to stop by and say HI HI HI.
How is "Boo" Doing with her time off from school?
~Dawn
i hope you found some great things to keep your & your daughter having fun while her class is gone! summer will be here soon- my kiddos are counting the days... 11 more for them!
Post a Comment