Thursday, May 21, 2009

the sporty look doesn't work for me

Today was day two of my Sports Active 'thing'. And no, this blog isn't going to turn into a play by play of every little thing about this.

But I do have some observations.

My legs are in terrible shape. And since doing day two a couple of hours ago, it's getting harder and harder to move around the house. Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy!

And another thing.. ahem.. I wouldn't mind the running parts so much, if I were an A instead of a C, if you get my drift. I noticed while doing some of the movements yesterday, that at times 'the girls' seemed to have their own ideas, and at my age, that's not too comfortable.

So I went out in search of a sports bra some sporty under things. It did not go very well. And I hope places like Walmart and Target (yes, I wanted to try the cheap places first) don't have hidden cameras to watch folks change, to make sure they're not gonna put on ten things and try to walk out of the store, or something.

Because if they did, whoever watched me yesterday got an eye full. I hope I certainly hope it's a she isn't scarred for life by what she saw. Because here's the deal, there should be one rule for sports bras SB's... they should buckle in the back. The two I tried on did not. I repeat... did NOT buckle in the back. So I had to put it on over my head. That part wasn't so bad. Not great and certainly not a pretty sight, but not bad.

Taking it off. Well, that's another story. I got it up and 'over' part of the way. But then I ran into problems. It's like the thing shrank. It seemed a little small and I struggled and wondered if I was going to be able to get the thing over my head. Let me just say.. not a pretty picture!!! I had images of myself either wearing it out around my neck and casually telling the lady at check out that I'd just like to wear it out and leaning over to scan the tag for her... or calling in the jaws of life from fitting room three to come and cut me out of it!

But finally.. and I do mean finally, I was able to free myself from the crazy thing. And in case you're wondering... no, I did not buy either one of them!

I told my husband about my little adventure and I think he wishes he could have been there to see it. So he could laugh. But he did offer up an alternative. Why don't you just use an Ace Bandage?

The funny thing is... I had the same thought while driving out of the Walmart parking lot.

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, the joys!!! I know exactly what you are talking about...needed something to TIE em' down and be able to get it off also would be nice. You poor thing...this did make me laugh though...only cause I can feel your pain!!!

Gberger said...

Okay...I am an A-minus cup, so I don't feel your pain personally, but I do get a wonderful women's sports clothes catalog in the mail, called "Title 9." They have a great selection of sports bras, rated by size and support. You might find that to be a good resource. They also have some retail stores...not inexpensive, but well worth it, SO I'M TOLD by my friends who have more than size "A" to consider. Good luck!

Jill said...

I understand ... I'm a "C" too. The SB thing takes practice, but it can be done! I've had a sore shoulder and can't lift my left arm very high, so I've had to learn a new technique, but I can still do it! ( :

Dawn said...

oh gosh.... yes this is yet another excuse to stop exercising! you made me laugh... because i've been there with those over the head and shrinking kinds of items!! yikes!