I know nobody wanted to see a pic of my feet in Birkenstock sandals. I took a photo of myself wearing sandals shortly after I got out of my cast and boot after I broke my foot. Like I said.. nobody wants to see something like that. And since I don't really do a lot of posting of photos of my family
Shortly after we bought our house.. the same house we live in now... we decided to get a little dog. I had had a poodle growing up and he was just about the best little dog in the world. And I knew I couldn't get a better one if we tried, so we went with a shi tzu. Her name was Missy and she was quite a mess. And our first 'baby'.
We'd had her for several years when our son was born. Not long afterwards, we realized that with all his health problems (he developed asthma at 4 months of age), we could no longer keep a dog. His allergist insisted we give her away. It broke our hearts. And we resisted. But finally we knew we couldn't keep her. Amazingly I was able to find her a wonderful home with a great family.
They called us about a month after they took her to let us know she was fitting in nicely with their family and children and sleeping on their beds and just generally doing great. And then not long after that, they moved away and we never heard from them again.
The other day we 'did the math' and realized that even if Missy lived a long, full life, she would most likely have passed on my now. I'm so thankful for the amazing family that took her when we couldn't keep her any longer.

There's our little Missy dog! She was so cuddly and affectionate.
5 comments:
Awww. She's a cutie! I'm glad you were able to find a good home for her. Dogs are such wonderful pets! ( :
She's sooooooo cute!
I love the picture.
Thanks for sharing. She is lovely. Hope you've had a great weekend.
She looks very cute, And unlike my dogs, very compact!!!
That IS a really CUTE puppy! (BTW: I LOVED the video you posted too.. that was TOO FUNNY)
Guess what?? The rain has FINALLY STOPPED here! Everything is S.O.G.G.Y. but with a few days of SUN maybe it'll dry up soon.
I hope you have a WONDERFUL week! ☺
Post a Comment