
I feel like I don't have much to report this week. A bad quality about me is that I can be strong out of the gate and then kinda lose my
That and a snow day and a half and a regular schedule thrown out the window for a bit.
But here's my week. The good, the bad and the ugly. Mostly the bad, I'm sorry to say, this week.
Friday: I did 30 minutes.
Saturday: I did 30 minutes and I was proud of it! LOL I did not want to do it. It was cold and all I wanted to do was chill out on the couch under a blanket, but I did my time anyway and felt better afterwards.
Sunday through Wednesday: I didn't do it. I should have listened to myself on Saturday and made myself do it anyway. But I didn't. I hate that.
Thursday: I did it! Yay! I was going to be getting out with a friend yesterday but I had to wait on her to finish working out at the gym and I thought I'd feel really horrible about myself if I sat there on the couch and watched tv while I waited on her... so I got off my sitter and got after it. I was glad I did. I increased the time on hula hooping to the 6 minutes. Wow, I was ready for that time to be over! LOL I am learning how to use hula hooping correctly still. I tend to hula with my legs and while my legs need help too, I'm trying to concentrate on actually using my abs and I can tell the difference. It's kinda like one looong crunch. Well, sorta anyway. Definitely feel the tightening there if I'm working on keeping the focus there.
I'm still unlocking more things and trying to increase some times on things I already do. And like most of us I'm sure, I've found what works best for me as far as warming up and then getting started. And I'm trying to add things in that I'm not very good at or that hurt since that is a sign that I need to do it more! When I was out yesterday, we ended up at a sporting goods store and I saw some ankle and wrist weights, but I didn't buy them. I'm not ready for them yet. But it made me see how far I have go to to just be ready to add weights.
One thing about posting every week, is that it keeps me accountable. And without that, I would have stopped altogether already, I'm afraid. So thanks for the nudge, y'all! : ) Looking forward to the day when I need to buy weights. And that day will come if I stick with it!
To check out other's progress or join the fun, click here.
13 comments:
I definitly agree about posting every week. I was just telling my sister last night...that I was embarrassed because I didnt lose any weight and I "have" to post. I feel like I must post...this is keepign me motivated! I think we all just have good weeks and bad weeks. Hang in there!
oh and good for you on going up on the hoola hoop time! Before you know it you will master that time too!
Yep, Fitness Friday is a great way to maintain accountability with the weight loss. I've never been a part of any weight loss groups before, but I'm under the impression the big ones that charge you do just this. They make you go to meetings and hold you accountable for your actions. I could be making that up though. Look at it this way. Those few hours you DID put in are more than you would if you didn't have the Wii Fit at all! Great post!
I feel the same when it comes to losing my oomph after a strong start... if I wasn't accountable I'm afraid I would be doing a lot worse! Glad you started the 6-minute hula... it's really hard at first, isn't it? I tried the ten-minute once and WOW. It's gonna take me awhile to work up to doing that one without keeling over, lol.
Absolutely posting each week helps keep the motivation up - we're all going to have 'bad' weeks (like mine was last week...) but the whole WiiFit Mommies group are so awesomely supportive of each other, they make the bad weeks good ones by their comments of encouragement.
Julie's right - the 'big' weight loss groups have their weekly meetings to hold you accountable for your actions - good or bad, but it's always positive reinforcement. My aunt was part of WW and the one thing she appreciated was her weekly 'check in', she would go into the meeting feeling embarrassed if she didn't do what she was 'supposed' to the week before, or didn't lose, or even gained...but the support group still gave her pats on the back for pressing on... :)
That's exactly what the other members of the WiiFit Mommies group does - there's no negativity and mega encouragement, so even when we have a bad week, we don't have to be embarrassed or feel bad if we have little or nothing to post on any given week. :)
You did great - you did what you could rather than just scrapping the whole thing...way to go! :) I'm looking forward to reading your update next week, too! ;)
Keep at it, friend. I tell you, I'm so glad I have some bloggy friends to do this with. I need the accountability also.
I think I do the same thing with the hula hoops...my legs are WAY tired..but not my abs...what am I doing wrong?? Am I so out of shape that my legs have to catch up before my abs can do anything? LOL
I have to take a small break between the 3 min sessions on advanced hula 6 min. I tell myself its for water LOL!
I'm glad you are finding this supportive...that is the idea!
We all have to hold each other accountable...and be there to cheer for each other too!
Hey....a little is better than none! Your week sounds like mine...snow days just throw everything off!
On the hukla hoop - I dind it helps if /i rest both hands on top of my head and focus on only moving my lower body.
Good luck!
Oh, yes, Hula Hoop is a great substitute for crunches, and I hat crunches! Hey, three times a week is wonderful, compared to nothing! Keep it up, and you will see results!
Yes, unlocking new things is my favorite part about doing the exercises. That anticipation. My favorite is the boxing. I worked up a sweat doing the 6 minute workout yesterday. Fun, fun, fun.
I love all the support and encouragement from all the WiiFit Moms.
See you next week :)
Good for you! I'm not yet brave enough to go public like this... I've considered getting a Wii. I think I'll live vicariously through you for a little while and see how it goes. :)
I bought my son a Wii for Christmas and am thinking about getting a WiiFit for "us." My friends tell me it's a lot of fun and a good workout. Little scared of that workout part. LOL
Thanks for visiting my blog today!
~Ginny
We are so much alike. I went strong at first too and I believe I've lost my mojo! I must find my Mojo again this week and maybe taking a couple of days to go to BlissDom will help!
Post a Comment