
I decided last week after reading Donna's post about doing the WiiFit, that I was going to give Fitness Friday at Wiifit Mommies a try. I have it at home. It is free and I can do it at anytime. So this is my update on just now my week went. I'm trying to do it for 30 minutes each day. (I'm working on not being bored at the end of 30 minutes.)
Friday - yes
Saturday- yes
Sunday - no.. by design a day of rest.
Monday - yes
Tuesday - no.. I was a news junkie that day.
Wednesday - yes
Thursday - no... I felt bad for most of the morning. Cramps will do that to ya. I should have done it later in the day, but never did. Grrrr.
Friday - the day is still young!
First off.. the eating... I am trying to eat less, basically. I'm not doing a certain plan. Just trying to watch what I eat and cut out a lot of the snacking. Thank you everyone for wishing me luck on that one!
Secondly.. the WiiFit itself... wow, am I outa shape! It's kinda depressing! We got our WF right when they came out and we all did it some and then it started collecting dust. So I had weights and skill levels from way back then. First of all, I had gained 7.5 pounds. Very sad. And there were things I could do 'back then' that I can't do now.. some things I can do poorly and other things, not at all. It's depressing to me that 'back in the day' I used to do crunches with a 20 lb weight sitting on my chest and now 'jack knifes' make me wanna throw up. But it just shows I am out of shape. It is a needed nudge to get going. I have opened up quite a few thing just by doing it this week. And have started adding reps to some of the things I do sorta well. So that's encouraging. I enjoy just about all the cardio work.. I like the hula hooping.. and have finally mastered going my backwards way. I seem to be much getter at going right then left. And I like the step. I am way uncoordinated, so there is no clapping for me. I am doing good to do it plain. LOL I do hope to add weights to this one though. I had an ah-ha moment and realized I could put the remote down for some of these things and free up my hands (for when weights enter the picture) Yeah.. I'm slow!
To check on others or join the fun, visit WiiFit Mommies.
7 comments:
Good for you! Every little bit in the right direction helps. And the snacking is KILLER; that I know. You are doing a good thing for yourself and your family.
you are doing great!
Great job! You had a much better week than me... ;) Looking forward to reading your weekly updates! :)
This is good...you are doing SOMETHING!!! It does get harder as we age...ugghhh...I hate just saying that. ;)
But moving each day...moving "something" is good.
I am going to try hula hooping...I have heard it is good for the waist. Plus, I may win a contest ONE day. ;0
take care,
suz
YAY! Welcome to the Wii Fit Mommies, we're so happy to have you join our group! You're quite devoted to your workout, I'm impressed! Looking forward to reading your progress and helping support any setbacks (hey, we all have em, right?) ;)
LOL at the Aha! Moment...I had them too...only my THREE YEAR OLD told me "We don't need mote for dis one mom"...ooooh yeah. Felt like a soccer shoe hit me in the head..LOL
Cracks me up! Just last evening my hubby was perusing the internet in search of a Wii so he could buy one, including the WiiFit. Seems most everyone's sold out (phew!!).
Actually, I'm looking forward to what sounds like a fun, though tough regiman.
Congrats on your progress!
Kathleen
Post a Comment