This has been a very relaxed holiday in a lot of ways. We haven't had a schedule to keep to. We've stayed up way too late and gotten up way too late. Which for a short time, is so nice. And it's given us time to focus on other things.. things that get overlooked in the hustle of work/school days.
With all three of us home, we had time to tend to some things. We deep cleaned the Boo's room before we painted it. And were able to clean out and sort through and dust and rearrange and give away etc. It felt soo good. Every item of her bedding was deep cleaned. All her furniture was cleaned and dusted thoroughly. Even her window and blinds got the treatment. It's a very fresh start for her. Even she was excited about the changes.. and not just the color! Yay!
And we carried the cleaning out to the rest of the house. We had sooo many books and magazines etc just taking up valuable space and cluttering up our world. I was so glad to make stacks of things to get rid of. We took all of that to the book resale store today and made $14.. not a huge amount.. but hey.. that stuff's not in my way anymore.
One of the things I hope to do this year is buy less. I love to buy books and subscribe to magazines. And then I don't know what to do with them when I'm done. I feel like I have to hang onto them because I PAID FOR them, so I keep them and they just lay there in the way all the time. I've been trying to rediscover the library when I get a hankering for a book. My only problem is I tend to take forever to read one. But anyway, I hope to buy less this year. And have less clutter to move around later.
But for now, I'm just enjoying being able to put the things I DO want away.. and not stacked all over the place. Now that I have all these cleaned off surfaces, I need to dust!
2 comments:
Glad you had a good holiday. It always feels good to have gotten a lot of things done -- sort of a fresh start for the new year!
Sounds refreshing! I did a little of that, but have so much more to get to... and don't know when! I'm following the Hyper Homemaker's plan, and hoping she can help me be motivated. :-)
Have a great week... Jennifer
Post a Comment