Wednesday, January 14, 2009

git'r done dinners

Some days getting dinner on the table is just a job. As much as we'd like to think otherwise, we just want to get it done.. or if you live in the south , git'r done! Some nights there may be time, energy and brain cells for fayn-cee meals. But then there are those other nights. I found these books at the book store and I love them for just that. One is called Desperation Dinners and the other one is called Cheap. Fast. Good. I think the titles say it all. These recipes are from scratch with healthy ingredients too. Yeah.. I know! They tell you step by step.. even from the frozen slab of meat.. to getting it on the table FAST. They also offer other tips along the way from getting the most from your warehouse style food store to whether fresh or from a jar crushed garlic is best for that particular recipe.

To see the website these two ladies have created, as well as pictures of their books, click here.

There are several recipes in these books that I love whether I'm in a hurry or not. Deee-lish. So if you're in a rush, check out one of these books. They work for me. Check out other tips at Rocks in My Dryer.

4 comments:

Wanda said...

I love recipe books anyway...and these sound just like what I need. I have 3 teens all running in different directions. This could work magic for our nightly dinner needs.
Thanks.

Gberger said...

Thanks for the good links. I think they can help a lot of us!

Technonana said...

Thanks for the links and the tips!!! On days when you need something fast these are great!!!
Now to find some really great crock-pot meals!!

Mom2fur said...

I went over to Amazon and checked the index of "Desperation Dinners." Looks like one I'll have to get from the library--and maybe even buy for keeps! Some of the recipes sound yummy, and I sure have had many nights I was 'desperate' to make 'dinner.'