Wednesday, March 3, 2010

some Random on the new computer

 

It’s Random Dozen time… and I’m using a new computer. Just arrived in the mail yesterday. And my fonts and sizes are all weird and the keyboard is different and we’re still working on the settings and all that stuff. We can’t figure out why my fonts are different on my blog… very weird. But anyhoo..here we go!

1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?  Even numbers.  I can add them easier. I’m not exactly a mathematician.


2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you? I would say 1 but I don’t like to go anywhere without fixing my hair… I’ll go without makeup, but I don’t leave with sloppy hair. And I’m so not a stylin’ chickadee as far as clothes go…. so maybe a 4?

 
3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered How’zabouit talkative… I think my husband would agree to that one.  Aaaaaand inquisitive. Also known as nosey around these here parts.  Reeeeeeeal nosey.

 
4. How lucky do you consider yourself?  Not very. I don’t believe in luck. But if there is a contest or something on a blog, I always think it’s silly of me to enter because I won’t win. So maybe I believe in bad luck! Dunno. LOL Hubs entered a contest online one time and won a pretty nice camera… now totally obsolete, but it was nice in it’s day.  35mm WITH A ZOOM.  I have many close ups of my toddler daughter’s drooly face because that’s when we got it.

 
5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written? I like most of the posts I’ve written about relationship with God and I’ve enjoyed (?) working through my thoughts on grief here as well.


6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.  Sorta getting better.


7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery) Pretty good. It gags me.


8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?  A little. We recycle here, so I’m always breaking up boxes and rinsing out two liters. But I don’t have those nice little reusable bags for going to Walmart etc. And I don’t buy all ‘green’ things. So maybe I’m in the middle on that. 


9. What is your favorite song this week? I found myself savoring the words of What a Friend We Have in Jesus the other day just out of the blue and it is already one of my favorites. I’m not a ‘hymns only’ kinda girl, but I do like them.


10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?  Hmmm a dime or a quarter.

 
11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...." ….  I wish it were warmer!  Spring is coming on the slow train this year and I am READY for it to get here.

 
12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out. Help! by the Beatles. I have no idea what that song is. These questions make me giggle because I am so not into music… at least not popular culture music.

To see everybody else’s answers, hop on over to Linda’s place at 2nd Cup!

11 comments:

Wade's World said...

I'm right there with you on even numbers!

And you know that you will never win a bloggy contest if you dont enter, right?

Have a great day!

Susanne said...

Inquisitive being "nosey" cracked me right up. I never thought of that. LOL.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Very cute Kay.
I can't take ANY blarney either.
We have to work on you getting some green bags though...once you try them, you will love'em!!

Have a great 'almost spring' day!

Thena said...

I think everyone is ready for Spring. It seems to be the longest coldest winter I can remember.

Joyce said...

I love What a Friend we Have in Jesus...if I wake up in the middle of the night feeling anxious about anything I sing that song to myself and it is so comforting.

Enjoy your day.

Gberger said...

I always love these...how does she come up with all of those questions? She must also be "inquisitive!" =)
I hope you are over the "crud" now. It is such a blessing to feel well!

Have a great week!

Nel said...

Help I need somebody, Help not just anybody... I was not a big Beatles fan but did know some of their music back in the day...lol. But these days "What a Friend We Have In Jesus" is among my favorites. Praise God! Enjoyed your answers! Thanks for sharing.

until next time... nel

SouthLakesMom said...

Thanks for stopping by my Haiku - you should join us! The link I gave on there wasn't 'live' so if you're interested, here it is.

http://youknowthatblog.com/ The theme for next week is "metamorphosis"...

Our answers to the RD are very similar!

Cheryl Barker said...

I like "What A Friend", too :) And good luck with the new computer!

Jerralea said...

A lot of our answers are similar. I love What a Friend We Have in Jesus too.

Jill said...

"Reach Out, I'll Be There" by the Four Tops was my birthday song and, like you, I am SO ready for spring!