Wednesday, March 24, 2010

some SouthlakesMom random!

1.  What is your favorite sign of Spring? WARMTH. I am actually wearing shorts and going barefoot today and I’m loving it!

  
2.  Did you remember to spring forward on March 14?  If not, how did it impact your day? It didn’t. I went for an errand later in the day and I had forgotten to change the time in the van and thought I was doing really good on time until I remembered about the time change,though. duh.

 
3.  If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what vegetable would you plant in a garden this year? Tomatoes. Oh wait, is that a fruit also?  Well to me, it’s a veggie, so I’m still going to say tomatoes. 


4.  If soil, time, talent and climate were no problem, what fruit would you plant? Cantelope.


5.  What is your least favorite insect?  Roaches and flying stinging things.


6.  March 22 was World Water Day. To celebrate, here are some water questions. Do you drink bottled water? If so, what brand? Sometimes. Ozarka,  Dasani and Sams Club. They’re both done with reverse osmosis. I don’t like carbon filtered water. It tastes yucky.

 
7.  Have you ever been somewhere that it was not safe to drink the local water? If so, how did you handle that?  I haven’t.


8.  How many glasses of water do you drink per day? I drink 8 glasses of water every day. For a long time, I didn’t drink enough and I could definitely feel it, so now I’m pretty militant about it and I feel a lot better. OK.. so I mix in tea every now and then, but my total is still 8!


9.  March 24 is the birthday of Harry Houdini.  Have you ever watched a professional magic show? Share. No.

 
10.  Have you ever been a participant in a professional magic show (up on stage!)? No.


11. March 24 is also the birthday of Steve McQueen and Clyde Barrow. Do you like Westerns or gangster movies?  If so, what is your favorite? I don’t like that kind of movie.

 
12. (Really random)  What U.S. state that you've never visited would you like to visit someday?  Hawaii.  Or maybe an RV trip to the Rocky Mountains.

This week’s Random Dozen is being hosted at Southlakesmom/I Didn’t Know That, so click here to visit other participants. 

10 comments:

Mary said...

Oh! The Rockies! Another place I'd like to go!

Unknown said...

RV and the Rockies! YEAH! Hate those roaches too.

Happy Wednesday!

hugs
shakira

Random Dozen
Spring Giveaways
My Grandnephew Dreams in Haiku
Joyful Signs

Busy Bee Suz said...

Congrats on the shorts and flip flops!!!!
Tomatoes: YUMMY!!!

Gberger said...

Fun stuff to know about you. BAREFOOT in March! It's not quite that warm here, usually until May...or July. Enjoy!

SouthLakesMom said...

I think Tomatoes could answer 3 & 4! Thanks for playing Random Dozen with me!

Pamela Scott said...

great answers I canb't wait to wear shorts and go barefoot outside its not quite that warm here yet....soon I hope

Kim said...

So many places, so little time! My daughter has actually been to more states than I have -- I need to at least catch up!

I love living in a more temperate climate and being able to wear my capris 9 months out of the year :-)

Have a great week!

Stephani Cochran said...

I'm with you on that trip to Hawaii! And I forgot about roaches too! After reading the different posts I've just about decided the only insects I do like are butterflies and ladybugs! Have a great week!

Lisa Laree said...

My kids have pulled out the shorts and flip flops...I'm not quite ready yet. But it will be nice!!

Jill said...

#1 - Daffodils; #5 - ticks! I try to drink my water too, though I'm not as rigid about it as you are. Thankfully, I like it and miss it if I don't drink it all.