I’ve had a huge stack of ‘stuff’ sitting in my entry way since last year.
I got enough done that I only had this one stack.
But it’s a big stack. See.
Boatloads of slides.
I told myself that I was going to scan them at some point during the winter ‘when there isn’t anything else to do’. When exactly does that happen?!
So now at least they say spring is coming and before long it’ll be creeping up on one year and I’d really like to get this stuff dealt with. There is the time element, but also I’d just like to have my entry way CLEANED UP.
Crazy talk, I know.
But the longer I thought about scanning hundreds and hundreds of slides, the longer I waited. I knew it would take forever. And I just wasn’t up for it.
Last weekend I got an idea. I wondered if I could take a picture of a slide? So here’s what I did.
I pulled down the shade in Miss Boo’s room and moved the twinkle lights out of the way. Then I set up the projector and put in a reel of slides. And turned out the lights and grabbed my digital camera.
Oh yes, I did. I snapped a photo of each and every slide as it shone on the makeshift screen. And it worked. Oh yes, it did!
See.
This is me slaving away at the ironing board. I remember my mother ironing evvverything when I was little because there was no such thing is wrinkle free anything way back then. And she hung everything out on the line in those days too. I remember when they got their first dryer.
Vacation in Colorado. Very pretty.
The black edges are just the empty screen area since most of the slides are square shaped. But it works!
I was very impressed with myself for figuring that out and sticking with it long enough to snap shots of over 700 slides!
I hope to tell a few of the stories contained in these slides. But I also wish I knew more… like how/why on earth this picture was taken?!
Maybe I don’t want to know about this one. *shudder*
I'm linking this post to Works for Me Wednesday at weareTHATfamily!
4 comments:
You are so clever!!!!
I love the ironing picture. I remember my mom doing that as well...she had a little spritzer bottle of starch that I was fascinated with.
Maybe the skunk was a pet????
GOOD for you! That was smart.
Maybe I shouldn't tell you this NOW, but I saw a slide scanner on the Costco website, for those who do not have your patience and fortitude. Just in case any of your friends are in the same boat.
Have a great weekend going through your newly digital photos! Sounds like a fun walk down memory lane.
Looks like a fun trip down memory lane, and a smart way to duplicate the slides!
My husband did the same with old home movies. Instead of paying to have them transferred to discs, he set up a screen and tripod for out digital video and just recorded the movies as they ran. They have the cool old movie player sounds that he can keep or remove and put background music instead. Worked great.
Post a Comment