Monday, March 22, 2010

a new discovery **updated**

Updated:

This is the link to the program I bought. It costs $39 at Target and $10 online. Hmmm, which one will she choose? I'm also researching printing sites to see if I can get a good deal on something worth having. I enjoy holding and looking at my books too! I'll keep you informed, but for now, here is the link.

Original post:

Spring break is over.

We didn’t do as much ‘fun’ as I had planned for us, but it was a restful week.

I bought a little program (a cheap download of something more expensive if you buy it in a box) that does digital scrapbooking.

Oh my word.

I had a digi-scrapping kind of program that worked on my old computer. I never liked it. It was hard to use. And may I add, the papers and embellishments etc were, for the most part, ug-leee. So I didn’t do much with it. Well, my header is made from it, so there is a little bit of ‘the cute’ but it’s hard to find.

This new one is very easy. It doesn’t have a zillion options, but it has enough. I made almost a dozen cute pages in an afternoon! That’s a lot compared to ‘real’ scrapbooking.

So now I’m trying to figure out what to do with this newfound ‘hobby’ and decide if it’s worth it to use it more often and have the pages printed. Still researching that.

And making my Walmart list. After all, it IS grocery day Monday.

7 comments:

Beckypdj said...

What is the name of the program? I would like to try digital scrapbooking. :)

Susan said...

Do Share! I am always on the hunt for digital scrapbooking that is not too expensive and doesn't take a million years. We are starting spring break today. So far we are still in pajamas...

Susan said...

Let me know what you decide. My jury's still out on the whole digital scrapbooking thing. I LIKE holding the books in my hand, so DO think I'd print if I tried it.

Hope you're having a fabulous Monday!

Hugs,

Susan

Busy Bee Suz said...

I have never done the digital scrapbooking. I am intrigued....how do you print them? at home???

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

Hubs got me photo shop a year or two ago with the idea that I'd start digi scrapping... then I never got back around to scrapping... I miss it but there is just no time.

Jewel said...

CUTE header! Never tried digi scrapbooking.. ehh.. I don't know. Maybe. Cheaper? Ok, I'll probably definitely eventually look into that! But I have so much fun on my scrapbooking nights with the church ladies!! It wouldn't be the same if we all sat around on computers and couldn't borrow things from each other!

Susan said...

Thanks for the link - I think I will try it!