Friday, March 26, 2010

the elephant

I feel like the countdown has begun.

It starts at Miss Boo’s birthday and continues on until April 5 (plus a few days afterward).

It’s the countdown to Bub’s home-going anniversary.

The mind replays everything in those last days. Happy moments. And the hard days want to push themselves to the front of my memory as well. Sometimes begging to be played out like a movie in my head. Except I know the ending.

Somebody asked me recently if we do anything special on that day. 

I told her…no, we both just go through the day giving each other knowing glances, all the while not discussing the elephant in the room.

And I think that’s how we feel right now..yep there it is.

Sigh.

7 comments:

Wade's World said...

Praying for you....

Jewel said...

I'm sorry. I hope this year can be different for you!

Beckypdj said...

Peyton has only had two heavenly anniversaries. I don't know what I'll be like when it's eight. I do know that day by day, we are all getting closer to seeing the ones we miss so much.

Hugs to you and your family Kay.

Dawn said...

been thinking about you... remembering that this was coming. that we share emotions about april. sending you love, and praying for the strength you need as is approaches.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Hugs to you and your family Kay.
I hope your good memories will somehow come to the front of your mind and shine.
xoxo
Suz

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

cyber hug, friend.

Gberger said...

I understand...and am thinking of all of you. God bless you, dear one.