Thursday, February 25, 2010

have to vs. get to

It’s all about perspective sometimes. 

Sometimes I say I have to cook dinner. Or I have to clean house. Or I have to go to school and talk to a teacher. Or I have to go to Wallyworld and deal with all the crazies humanity.

But do I say that I have to talk to my husband? Or that I have to talk to/play with my kid?  Or that I have to go on vacation?  No!  I get to… and that’s a beautiful thing because I love them.  And they love me.

But there is something else that I can make into a have to.

P1010923

It’s reading God’s word.  But it isn’t!

I get to sit down any time and read what God wants to say to me.  Not only that, but it is my privilege to get to sit down and read words written just for me. 

3 comments:

Gberger said...

You are right - it is a privilege, especially when I think about our religious freedom, and the privilege of being able to read. Thank you for reminding me.

HissyFits said...

Very well put.

~Dawn

Busy Bee Suz said...

Perspective always has a way of snapping us into shape, huh?
Great post Kay!!!