
Since I’m still feeling cruddy and sniffy, I’m enjoying the random this week. All I have to do is play along. So here we go…
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient? I’m kind of fussy and whiney.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction? Woot! We can all stay in!
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve? Sewing. I can sew, but nothing fancy. I would love to learn how to quilt, but you really need better than average skills to do it.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day? Nope.
5. What song is on your mind today? Nothing. I haven’t listened to any music this past week, since I’ve been under the weather with the creeping crud.
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic? Contemporary.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room. Pretty well. Had to learn to live that way when our son was ill.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.) He was really nice. And soft spoken. And funny. And cute. Oh wait.. you said ‘first’. Sorry. : ) But all of those were ‘firsts’ since I knew him for a while before we dated.
9. When was the last time your heart raced? Pttth. I dunno.
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school? I hated it. The teachers always ‘made’ the kids put a valentine in every box but I never got one from everybody. I think about that now and think ‘who cares’, but that is big stuff to a little kid. I always thought the sentiments on them were stupid too. Who really says that kind of stuff?
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer? Reese’s Pieces. I love them and I can eat them without getting sick. If it weren’t for milk problems, then chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate!
12. Red or pink? PINK! (duh) lol
This week’s questions were fun and easy. So glad. Don’t think I would be up to answering any heavy stuff this week. Go visit Linda at 2nd Cup to see who else played along.
8 comments:
I hope you are feeling better each day. It's no fun to be sick.
Funny Kay...how do you remember NOT getting a valentine from everyone? I do remember having to decorate our own box..and I could never find a good one at home to do. My girls have an endless supply of boxes today. :-
I hope the creeping crud leaves you soon...
take care, Suz
Your randomness makes for an interesting read, despite the fact that it's sniffy randomness. And I wish I could sew more than just a button! Maybe one day!
I hope you feel better soon!
After reading around some today I'm wishing I were a better seamstress too. I have a machine but it is mostly serving as a surface in my back hallway : )
Enjoy your day!
I didn't think of sewing as domestic. But like you I wish I could do it better. I can sew a straight seam, or hem something but that's it. So wish I knew how to quilt. Light bulb, they're offering cake deco classes at vocational college, maybe I will check and see if they offer sewing.
Hope you feel better soon.
Enjoyed your answers. Thanks for sharing! Hope you get to feeling better.
until next time... nel
It's always fun to get a glimpse into the secret life of a blogger!
Blessings,
Kathleen
Hi, Kay, it is really nice to meet you. Beautiful blog. We were sniffy compadres this week. Enjoyed your answers, sorry to learn about your loss of your son. Thanks for playing along this week.
Post a Comment