Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Random Dozen # 9

1. Tell me something about your favorite teacher.  My English teacher in 7th grade (I think it was 7th) encouraged me to write and drew me out of my shell a little bit, since I was very shy.


2. Tell me about one pivotal moment in your life.  Well, coming to know Christ is one. Of course that changed my whole viewpoint on everything. And our son’s illness/death was definitely another. That took us into another world we never thought we’d enter. That also really changed our viewpoint on things.


3. About favorite colors--a lot of people will ask you what it is, but I want to know why it is. What feeling or memory does it evoke?  From when I was a little girl, I’ve always loved pink. It’s feminine and girlie, I guess.  I like to wear it, but I don’t have anything pink in my house. If I were choosing…say… an iPod Touch cover… I would want the hot pink! : )


4. What's a sure sign that you're getting older?  Gray hair. bifocals. Wanting to sit while I do my hair.  Forgetfulness.  Taking naps.  (Oh wait.. you said “A” sign… oops, sorry!)


5. Please don't sermonize, but Halloween--is it a yes or no for you?  It’s a no.


6. What's your favorite musical?  I don’t know very many musicals so maybe Mary Poppins.  Does that count? 


7. Are you more of a city mouse or country mouse?  Probably at heart, I would be a country mouse unless there are bugs.  And no Walmart.  (This answer provided by my hubby since he read over the questions while he was putting on his shoes. And he was correct, so I let him answer this one!)


8. Did you know that it is possible, for a small fee, to name a real star after someone? (It's true! Google it!) If someone were to name a star for you, would you appreciate it for its whimsy and romance, or would you say, "Are you kidding me? For $19.95 we could have gone to the movie and actually bought popcorn."  Would rather have the movie and the popcorn at this stage in life.


This question comes from Paula at His Ways Are Not Our Ways.
9. What's the craziest thing you've ever been doing and texted during it? I only thought of this b/c I was about to try to text during my walking video but I didn't.
  I hardly ever text. And I stink at it.  Hey… maybe that’s another sure sign of age.  So I haven’t texted while doing anything else ever. It takes my full attention.  LOL

10. "It's not a party unless _______."  …there is food and laughter and friends.


11. When you're stuck in traffic or a waiting room, what do you do to pass the time? PS: There are no magazines available.  Bring my own book and read.  Or pray.  Or boring things like counting chairs and people watching.


12. If you weren't yourself, would you be friends with you? I think so. 

There ya go, y’all.  Another Random Dozen. To see how other people answered these questions, check out Linda at 2nd Cup.

9 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so funny. The walmart answer brought a loud laugh from me. :)
I also love pink...to wear or for accessories.
A star as a gift? right, like that can be useful.

Gberger said...

I love learning more about my blog buddies - it's fun to read the answers to these.

Joyce said...

I enjoyed stopping by today...I made a whole big long list for #4 too...I could never have just picked one : )

Jill said...

I have mixed feelings about Halloween. I kind of struggle with it every year. Lately I've just kind of gone along with it as long as there's nothing too sinister involved. It IS a good opportunity to get to know my neighbors, when they come to my door to trick or treat.

Susanne said...

Yup I'm up for no bugs in the country or anywhere!

Cheryl Barker said...

Don't feel bad, I don't text at all either :) And I'm with you -- I'd take the movie and popcorn over having a star named for me, too :)

Kim said...

It's been fun to read everyone's answers. Amazed at how many English teachers and professors made the #1 list :-)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't do anything else while texting!

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Walmart!

I noticed the pink on your blog right away!

Loved getting to know you better this week. Hope you can join in again next week.

Have a great weekend.

SouthLakesMom said...

I almost said Mary Poppins (I loved Dick Van Dyke in everything!), but I kept thinking, "c'mon you have to know of an adult musical" so I chose Fiddler on the Roof. And then all these ladies reminded me of others. Sigh. Maybe that's another sign of my aging...can't remember a darn thing!

Your picture of Boo and Bubba is beautiful and your tenderness in sharing his memory is very heart-tugging.

Don't be shy - come out and play again next week!