Here we go… it’s Random Dozen time again! : )

1. Candy corn: Your thoughts? We loooove candy corn! We look forward to Halloween so we can buy it! For a while, our grocery store carried it all year long and sometimes when hubby ran to the store for me, some of it would “mysteriously” hop into the cart. We only like Brach’s brand.. none of that weird Target brand junk! : p
2. Briefly, what was the first conversation you ever had with your spouse? (or best friend, if you're not married.) (Or someone significant, like your librarian.) Well that is a tricky question because we knew each other from singles group at church. So we had talked to each other before we were going out or whatever. We talked some on a singles retreat… but we barely knew each other then. Mostly it was retreat stuff. Although I was glad he chose to sit by me.
3. Could you ever become a vegetarian? Yes! I did that for a while years ago and liked it. In my mind I could do it all over again, although I don’t think my bod would cooperate with me at this age, if you know what I mean.
4. Have you ever dressed up your pet in a costume? We had a real laid back dog when I was a kid and we used to put clothes and glasses and what-not on him. We have not dressed our current pet, a cat. We like our fingers all attached, thankyouverymuch!
5. Name something about childhood that you miss (like Clark Bars, Teaberry Gum, Malibu Barbie, cracking fake eggs on people's heads with your fist and "It's the Great Pumpkin" airing only once a year). Cloves gum… my grandmother used to chew it and the smell of it reminds me of her. Eating raw dough… cookie dough, before we thought raw eggs could kill us.. and pie crust dough too. YUM! On a more serious note…is that allowed???… would be just the carefree nature of not knowing much about life yet. As you get older, life gets ‘heavier’ and sometimes I miss the days of not really realizing that yet.
6. Have you ever won a trophy? If not, what do you deserve a trophy for? Nope. But I am always saying things about my “Mom of the Year” trophy…mostly that it’s getting bigger and bigger every time I do something stupid silly as a parent! As of right now, we should build on an addition to our house so it can have it’s own room. With a vaulted ceiling. Ahem. : )
7. When do you think is the appropriate time to begin playing Christmas music each year? Well a lot of radio stations here probably start playing it before Thanksgiving. I would say after Thanksgiving. Although I totally cheated this year and listened to a new Chris Tomlin Christmas cd I found on sale at Mardel the other day. I love it… big shout out to a Christian artist that doesn’t feel like he has to sing Jingle Bells or White Christmas on their cd. Thank you!
8. What's your favorite board game? I had a game called Payday when I was a kid. If you landed on certain spots on the board, you got to draw ‘mail’ and they were really cleverly written. We always laughed when we read those aloud. I liked spinning the spinner on Life… more than playing the game itself. I bought my daughter the newer version of it and it totally doesn’t have the same spinner. What a rip!
9. How do you feel about surprises (receiving, not giving)? Depends.
10. Is it easy for you to say, "I'm sorry?" Sometimes yes, sometimes no.
11. What is your favorite candle scent? Back when ‘craft malls’ were all the rage…at least in this part of the country… there was a craft mall near us that had a booth that sold homemade candles and there was a ‘flavor’ called FRESH CAKE. Oh my word! The most delicious smelling candle ever. I always compare other candles to that one… oh sorry, that doesn’t smell as good as fresh cake.
12. October is traditionally "open house" time in public schools. If you had a literal open house in your home (like a reception) what light snacks would you serve visitors and what would you show them (as in art projects, graded papers) that would uniquely represent you? I have no idea what I’d serve. I haven’t had a ‘party’ in forevah! I dunno.. maybe something on toast points… you can pick it up and carry it around and gobble it down in one bite. I have no idea what you mean about showing them stuff… do you mean the things around my house that are me? Well I guess I would show them my scrapbooks, pics of both my kids, different things I’ve made etc. I don’t know of much of anything I’d be dragging people around to see, to be honest.
Well there’s another Random Dozen. Hope you had fun. For more random stuff, go visit Linda at 2nd Cup.
5 comments:
yes - raw cookie dough!!!!!! :) yuuummmm
raw cookie dough! that was half the fun of helping make the cookies : )
Interesting questions, and answers. I remember Payday and Life. I also had the game Trouble that had a popper with a dice in it. I liked that.
P.S. I still eat raw cookie dough! ( :
I always find this post to be fun...something new to learn about Kay Day!!
I hope cake batter does not kill us, cause I ate some this weekend..with raw eggs!!!!
I really want you to try to dress up the cat...just put on your oven mitts first. really. it will be fun. please video it for us.
Christmas music should never be heard before thanksgiving. :)
Have a great day.
Post a Comment