Thursday, October 22, 2009

here we go again

I wrote this Tuesday, but I’m just now getting around to posting it.

We knew today was coming and we’ve tried to make light of it with Miss Boo. But we found out recently that she has a vitamin deficiency and would be in need of some injectables to get herself back in line. Not a big thing, so no worries. It sounds much worse than it is. That’s not even really what this post is about, though.

It’s more about the ugly flashback that came along with it. I can’t believe I’m giving another child shots now! I can’t believe I’m talking it all up to her about how it’s not a big deal and all that jazz. And I’m having to remember how to give a little arm a shot. (She’s a very petite little thang.) I can’t believe I’m moving things in the frig for shots again. It just feels all too familiar and it makes me a little sick. But as I said, this isn’t a big deal and I’m just going to stay with that thought and we’ll all move forward.

P1010518

I gave her first shot right after we opened the box…at her request… to just get it over with. And this is what we’ll be doing every other day for sixty days. One down, 29 more to go…..

Whether we like it or not!

6 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, I am sure this brings back some memories for your family Kay.
I am sorry for this...but I hope this will pass quickly and you won't have to do it anymore. I hope Miss Boo is back to her normal "feeling well with no deficiencies" soon.
take care, Suz

Beckypdj said...

"injectibles" kinda grabs your gut and I haven't even had to do it before. Sorry you have to do this and she has to endure it. Sending prayers of strength your way!!

Dawn said...

my arms are reaching out to you...not for a shot! for a hug! i hope that you & boo can just make it through... and that all of this will finish up uneventfully.

Gberger said...

Oh, Kay. I'm glad it's "not a big deal" as far as her health goes, but my stomach just drops for you having to re-visit this land. I'm so sorry, and I hope it passes quickly, and without trauma for any of you. God bless you and help you through it!

Sarah said...

Oh, wow...that has to be hard! Hopefully the time will pass quickly and you'll never have to think of them again!!! :S

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

*sigh* Oh man. Just one more thing. ((Hugs))