Saturday, September 12, 2009

unfruitful shopping

There really isn’t anything to this post, other than I’m frustrated and want to vent.  And nobody reads blogs on the weekend anyway, right?  : )

So anyhoo… I’ve been needing a few clothing basics for fall and winter.  I got a Lands End catalog and found a few things.  I ordered a denim pencil skirt (it was on clearance and only available in one of my possible sizes) and a khaki skirt in a couple of sizes.  None of it fit!

I have several basic winter tops that I love. I got them from Penneys. I had a JCP sale catalog that came in the mail and noticed those same items again.  I thought about ordering them, but then decided I’d try to see if they had them in the store. I would rather try them on anyway.

On a side note:  I like the feel of those tagless tshirts and stuff… BUT… it wears off and when I need to buy more of the same thing, I have no idea what size I wear. I can’t just look at the tag.  It’s gone.  *sigh*

So I went to JCP and they had everything I saw in the catalog. I was so excited! So I picked up all my 3/4 length v-neck tops and headed to the dressing room.  First of all, they seem to be making the shirts smaller around now.  My old ones fit fine… but my new ones of the same size, are too tight across the chest.  Aaaaand the 3/4 sleeves are longer and they just took goofy. You’d have to be a monkey for the sleeves to fit.  So I put them all back on the shelf.

They also had a rather cute denim jacket that would be a rather stylish layering piece.  Again with the monkey arms.  The cuffs were down below my fingertips!  What is up with that? I don’t even have short arms!  *sigh*

So I left with nothing.  And I’ll have to take my Lands End things back at Sears.  I get so tired of just trying to find the simplest thing to wear.  Like I said, I’m not even talking about something overly cute or trendy… I’m just talking about basic everyday tops here!

My older things are beginning to look worn. I guess I’ll just keep wearing them and hope I stumble upon their replacements SOMEwhere.  SOMEtime. 

Dunno where or when though! 

5 comments:

Kathleen said...

I found some wonderful shirts at Walmart. They're a cotton/spandex blend; they come in both short & long sleeves. I wear them all winter long under just about everything. The other thing I like about them is that they're a bit longer.

Sometimes I find cute shirts at bargain prices when Macy's has a season's end sale.

You might have guessed that I'm a weekend blog reader ...

Be blessed,
Kathleen

Beckypdj said...

Sorry your stuff didn't work, but I am a big Land's End fan. A little on the expensive side, but they wear so well and I like it when my basics last from year to year. I haven't even ventured out to freshen my fall wardrobe yet. I am needing to replace Ye ole black pants. I am sure when I do I will be shocked at how much the ones I am wearing have faded. I've had them too many years.

I wish you better luck next time!

And yes, I read blogs on the weekend too, just from my google reader though.

Gberger said...

Okay...we all have different favorites...I love Target and Talbot's. Nordstrom is often good...values at the Rack, quality in both places. And one of my all-time faves is: OLD NAVY! Not to last, so much, as to fill the need at the moment, last well-enough, and wear out just when some new cute stuff comes in. I hope this provides encouragement! Best wishes with the shopping.

Busy Bee Suz said...

This is so frustrating I agree with you.
I took Lo shopping for some new items today and everything the child put on looked amazing...of course, she had issues with everysinglething...I told her to enjoy her little figure, because it is down hill from here.
Have you tried Old Navy for Tshirts? no monkey arms there...and cheap too.

ps. I do read blogs on the weekend. :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

This is exactly how I feel....I need some new fall things and have not found anything I like...Just blog hopping and enjoyed yours tonight...
Stop by and visit my new Christmas blog. There will be a drawing on October 1st for a GREAT prize...all you have to do is leave a comment..http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com