Thursday, September 3, 2009

getting it out of the way

I knew this morning that there were things I needed to get done. Things I've been putting off. I had a Chickfila coupon so I went 'out' to breakfast. It was free. : ) And then I came to stare at the calendar and noticed that sticky note I've already moved from 'August' to 'September'.

Take pages of Daddy's book to be redone after school starts.

Well school has started. But I haven't gone to the funeral home. So today I took the pages that were misprinted and got new ones on order. (they give a guest book thing that has his name and dates and funeral service info etc printed in it) And then I asked for a map to find my parents grave sites. I've been there before but knew I didn't have a clue exactly how to find them. So a nice lady came and brought me a map and offered to drive me out there. I told her no thanks and headed out. I found the general area, parked the car and started walking. She showed me how to look for a marker with the name of Sprinkle near the street and then start heading toward a tree and it should be 'right there'. Well, I did everything, but I still couldn't find it. A kind gardener noticed the lost look to my body language and the map I held in my hand and got me pointed in the right direction. Finally found it. Them. The year marker has been screwed into place. So I can check that off my mental list.

I decided since I was already doing fun stuff, I really should change Bub's flowers. They've been there a year and are starting to look kinda sad. So I went to a big chain store and the flowers were too expensive and I couldn't find exactly what I wanted. So I went to another chain store and found something more wonderful for half the price of the other store. AAAAAND.... they had these little butterfly pick things to go in the arrangements... in green no less. So I bought that and some pretty yellow roses. I carefully twisted the wire of the butterfly around the stem of the flowers so it doesn't blow away.

It turned out really pretty. I like the butterfly. He would have too. : )

5 comments:

Beckypdj said...

No better breakfast than Chik-fil-a. Oh, except a FREE one. LOL

What kind of book are you talking about for your Dad?

Glad you had some help to find your way around and you are satisfied with Bub's new flowers.

I need to put new flowers at Peyton's grave too. I may wait until his birthday in Oct. It's a hard thing. In one way it does give me a feeling of being able to "do" something for him.

I enjoy your posts. Hugs to you and yours.

Pam said...

The book is the thing the funeral home gives that has names and dates and music and the like printed up. They messed up on a couple of things and I wanted them fixed.

Gberger said...

You are a strong and brave mother (and daughter). I was just at the funeral home today, buying a tiny urn in the shape of a heart to keep some ashes...something I never thought I'd do! And it's not easy...not any of it. I think you are a great example.

Dawn said...

it was good you started your day with chik-fil-a... to give you strength for the rest of it. i hope that today gave your heart a little bit of peace and taht you find youself smiling about green butterflies!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Kay,
I am glad you are checking things off your list, this always makes our heart feel a bit lighter.
I agree, Bub would love the butterflies also, the next butterfly I see, I will name Bub.
I love chic fil a too...anything for free, it's for me.
take care and have a great night/day/week.
Suz