I didn’t share as many pics from my DC trip as I would have liked. Life sort of got in the way and then I just lost interest in it. But this morning, I remembered.
I remembered all the things we saw and heard at Arlington National Cemetery. It was quite sobering.
Below is the grave of the Pentagon pilot on 9-11.
There are so many graves there it takes your breath away!
They go on and on and on. It seems like as far as the eye can see.
We noticed right away that the flags flew at half-staff. Our tour guide told us it is because there is always a burial going on there. I couldn’t get that out of my mind that day. Always.
I hope we never forget those who died for our freedom just like I hope we always remember 9-11.
6 comments:
Thank you for this reminder; it is sobering. Those ceremonies can bring a lot of comfort, as well as awareness about life itself. Each of those many graves holds the remains of someone's child, spouse, parent. WOW.
I got chills reading this and looking at the pictures. Thanks for the reminder.
Always a burial? This is very sobering...breaks my heart.
That pilot? He served our country his entire adult life...right until his death. Bless his family.
I found it interesting that his death was a day before his birthday. Did you notice that?
Thanks for remembering these photos and for posting this today.
What an appropriate day to post your pics, and what a reminder for all of us of those who have given their lives to protect our country and make it great!
Thanks for sharing this.
Post a Comment