Saturday we went to Ikea. This is our third… visit…hoof…trek…day trip.
I remember the first time we went there, I was just shocked at just how many different kinds of things could be under ONE roof. Granted, it was a pretty huge roof, but still! One of my favorite things to do there is go through the little house set-ups they’ve got. It shows customers how they can use Ikea stuff to make great rooms.
I love looking through the little made up rooms at all the clever ‘storage solutions’ that abound. And yet I look at my house and all those funky furnishings just don’t mesh with the things I already own. *sigh* I am just not a hip/cool chick, what can I say?
This trip got me to thinking about what it would be like to furnish an entire very small house with stuff from Ikea! I wonder what it would look like? I wonder if I would shun living large (or aspiring to) and want to live in 1000 square feet or less… and love it?
I just don’t know if I could get clever enough with storage to be able to live with less space. We live pretty small now and at times, it can get frustrating. Hmm…maybe I need to think the Ikea way. But where do you begin?
I’ve always wanted to be a ‘little purse’ girl but I never thought I could pull it off. I have friends on both sides of the spectrum… everything from carrying a small carry-on for a ‘purse’ to a bag not much bigger than a wallet! I usually fit somewhere in the middle.
But I finally took the plunge the other day and found a cute little bag with a built in wallet area since that is the biggest and heaviest thing in my purse. And so far I’m loving it.
My old purse towers over my new little tiny one! So far I like it, but we’ll see. I certainly can’t hide a bottle of water in this purse, but that’s ok.
A girl’s gotta start somewhere, right?!
2 comments:
Very cute Kay. I have not visited Ikea yet. I do fantasize of living smaller and simpler. I suppose the grass always looks green on the other side??
I have always been a middle of the road kinda gal with my purses. On occasion I carry one that is the size of my cell phone that only fits phone, id, credit card and some cash and I am constantly thinking I am missing something though!!!
certainly no water bottle and no movie snacks either!
i was always a little purse... well, pocketbook... kind of girl. until we found a panda purse at the zoo. used to be i couldn't think of anything to put in it- but now it is HEAVY!
Post a Comment