Friday, February 13, 2009

WiiFit Friday update # 4



I feel like I don't have much to report. I've been doing my WiiFit some days... other days not. I have the standard excuses. Too busy. Sick family. Had company. But I know that even when all these things are going on, I could be working harder at this. But I'm not. I hate that.

But anyway..here's the rundown:

Friday - no. I had a hundred and one things going on that day.

Saturday - yes, but only 25 minutes.

Wednesday - yes. 30 minutes. Woo hoo! But the last couple of minutes were me doing Lotus Focus.. which I basically did so I could sit down. So I don't see that counting for much! I also had my legs folded on the floor. I'm not flexy enough to get them up on the board with me. Maybe when I was 12.. but not now!

Thursday - yes! I did 30 minutes in the evening. It isn't my favorite time of the day to do it, but I was glad I at least did it. Did a little bit of yoga. Not my thing, but I will continue to try it.

I devoted an entire post to eating. It hasn't been pretty. Check it out here. I don't plan on spending an enormous amount of time discussing numbers or every morsel of food I ate. Or many if any more whole posts devoted to dieting..that's not my main focus as a blogger (not that I know what my main focus really is sometimes... anyhooo...) But my point in sharing at all is that I need to get rid of my middle, where most of the extra lbs are. I am trying not to be fixated on numbers or sizes, BUT obviously those correlate with getting to where I want to be. A flatter middle so I am at less risk for disease.

To check in on other participants or join the fun, click here. See you next week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should say only 25 minutes, I think you should say 'heck yeah I rocked that puppy for 25 minutes!'. I read that you only really need 20 for a good workout and Cynthia, another Wii Fit Mommie, lost 11 pounds in 5 weeks on 'only' 15 minutes a day. I am SO proud of you!

Stacy Uncorked said...

I agree with Julie - and it's also something I need to work on, too, that 'only' word... ;) I 'only' got to use my WiiFit 3 days this week, but I did have the privilege of being able to use it about 1-1/2 hours each time - but if you break it down over 7 days, I 'only' used it just over 30 minutes a day. BUT I DID use it, just like you DID get on it and use it - and no matter what you did, you DID IT. ;)

Great job! I'm looking forward to reading your update next week, too! :)

Jenn said...

I'm with Julie! As I read this I thought that 25 minutes ROOOOCKS!

I love doing the Lotus Focus at the end....sort of slows me down. And you can bet your bottom I can't cross my legs up like that either.

Keep it up. EVERY BIT is better than nothing!!

Real Life Sarah said...

YES! You rocked those 20-30 minutes! I am just getting back on the board, since I hurt my foot, and I consider 15 minutes a triumph

Fairie Mom said...

Way to go!!! Take the credit for what you did and as everyone else stated get rid of that only word and things look a whole lot brighter!!!

Tonya said...

Hey there, Kay!

I don't know if we've "met"... but it looks like we've got a lot in common. (We lost our son at the age of 11 to Neuroblastoma.. I say "lost".. I KNOW where he is, and we WILL see him again one day.. THANK YOU, JESUS!!) ☺ It's always sad to be able to identify with another family through loss.. and yet it's kind of comforting to be able to identify with each other's struggles.

Anyway, it's VERY NICE to "meet" you!

Now, about using the WiiFit.. I may have to look into it. I DESPERATELY want to lose weight.. I just don't stick with anything. (I enjoy eating too much.. I eat when I'm happy, sad, lonely, bored..) I'm off and on again with Weight Watchers. (I do it online) It's BY FAR the EASIEST way for me to do it. (Again, my problem is sticking with it) It seems you're doing pretty well so far.. I mean, sticking with the exercise and all. Maybe I'll actually try that today. LOL!!

"Good Luck!" ☺

Happy Valentine's Day!
♥ Tonya

Anonymous said...

LOL I'm with Julie! That's great advice. :)