
In some ways, I feel like I don't have much to share. It hasn't been the best week ever around here. I would have felt bad telling my sick daughter that she couldn't watch tv so I could
Anyway..here's the rundown:
Friday: yes 30 minutes
Saturday: Yes 30 minutes. I did lunges and boxing - both for the first time. Will take me a bit to get used to the boxing thing. I'm not exactly coordinated. The lunges made my legs pretty sore, so that's a good thing. I felt like I could have gone longer than 30 minutes, which is also a good thing, but I had to do something else.
Monday: no It was a crazy day and I never stopped long enough to do it.
Tuesday and Wednesday: sick kid. 'Nuff said.
Thursday: Yes. It was a crazy day, and I got interrupted more than once. The first time, I barely got the machine going and the phone rang. And then towards the end of my 30 minutes and during a run, the doorbell rang. Something about the plumber and water gushing outside bla bla bla. Whatever. My Mii was waiting on me to finish my run when I got back in the house. : )
About eating: I have been eating like there is no tomorrow and that drives me nuts. There are times in my life when I've been 'working out' that I haven't wanted to woof down everything that's not nailed down. Having a little trouble with that right now. Having said that, I went from normal weight to overweight between Saturday and Thursday. Bummer. But on the flip side... the scale on this thing is wonky, in my opinion.
I am still trying to work on some sort of routine. Having different things to concentrate on each day etc. Haven't sat down with it to figure out a good system yet. As I was peeling myself off the floor the other day after doing jack knifes, it congratulated me on doing so well and unlocked more reps. I 'bout threw up just thinking about that. But then it hit me (duh).. 'back in the day' when I used to work out, I didn't do 30 or 40 of something at one stretch. I did SETS. So I think I'm going to start trying to apply what I used to do in resistance training to this and do shorter reps and more sets. Might keep me from tossing my cookies when I do jack knifes! LOL
Another question... doing the tricep work.. I can't remember what those are called.. you hold just under your elbow and then bend the other arm back holding the wiimote. I get that.. but then the trainer chick says that if you get good at doing that, you can increase the weight by holding a water bottle etc.. just exactly how am I supposed to hold a wiimote AND a water bottle. Because it is actully keeping track of the ups and downs of that hand. If it weren't keeping track, I could understand the water bottle comment, but since it does.. I'm a little stumped. Any ideas? This one seems like a waste of time to me. I need weight. I might skip using the Fit for this and use my resistance bands instead. Dunno. It just feels like a lame movement with no weight. But that's just my opinion.
I'm thankful to be able to link up with others, because without it I would have quit a long time ago. And knowing I would be posting on Friday and I told people I was gonna do it has made me step on when I would rather be lazy. So I'm so thankful for this. I just need to stop eating so much and get a move on.
To check in with others or join the fun, click here.
7 comments:
I have some small hand weights that I use that are skinnier than a water bottle. Or you could see if you could find some wrist weights. I think they just say to use a water bottle so that they're not telling you to go buy something else.
Yeah...that weight thing makes no sense! I know you can buy weight BANDS that strap onto you wrist...that might work for you!
You're doing great!
You are doing better than I am. I have not stepped on my Wiifit in quite a while. I look at it and say I'm going to do it. But conviently something always comes up. I don't know...the last time I was on it I got discouraged and it turned me off from it. I just gotta dive back in. One of these days.
I've seen wrist weights at the sporting goods store. Might have to try those. Juggling the water bottles might be weird on things you need the wiimote for. lol
I use weight bands - on my wrists and ankles...not all the time, just on the stuff that I have made marked improvement on and want more resistance. This week I did nothing...nada...zilch, so don't feel bad because you did great this week! I'm looking at next week being a much better week for me! ;)
FlyLady says that any little thing you do to clean your house blesses your family. ANY little bit of movement you do blesses your body...more than doing nothing!!
Keep up the good work!!
My appetite has been on high lately too! Only thing I can figure is the workouts rev it up. So I try to eat a yogurt once I'm done so I don't get hit w/a starving hunger all at once.
Post a Comment