Friday, February 20, 2009

musical thoughts

My hubby told me about a conversation he had with Miss Boo the other day on the way to school.

Yes, HE takes her. I know. I love it! Not since the dawn of time have I been able to get my peeps ready and send them on while still in my furry housecoat and slippers. Pass the bon bons. It's about time for Rachael Ray.

Anyhoo..back to the story...

She was picking what she wanted to listen to on the cd that was playing. When we went to Disney and saw Cirque du Soleil, he bought the sound track. The music is very cool and eclectic and sort of opera'y. Not really my thing. At all. But he has a very wide range of musical tastes. And so does she. So there she was contemplating one of the unspoken perplexities of life while she chose a song to listen to from La Nouba and this is the thought that came out of her mouth....

..."you know, when I sing with the music while my iPod is playing, I can sing real good. But then when I try to sing without it, I don't sing so good.".

By this time I am already laughing. But then I had to ask him what he said back to her. Of course I can't remember his exact words but they were something to the effect of 'yep'.

A man of few words, my hubby.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I can SOO relate to your daughter. With the music, my voice sounds OK. In my ears. But without the music, I couldn't cary a tune in a bucket.

I love this post!

~Dawn

Anonymous said...

LOL! This sounds exactly like something my tween would say to me..... I guess your husband choose "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all" theory. I'm not sure I could have bitten my tongue.
Thanks for sharing!
~Ginny