Saturday, February 21, 2009

5 things

I saw this fun little meme at Greg's General Store and thought I'd try it. Anyhoo.. it's 5 things...about this or that. So here goes...

5 things:

5 things found in my bag..
  1. Chapstick...although it's Avon Care Deeply Lip Balm. We go waaay back!
  2. my cell phone (and ear bud)
  3. a tiny calculator
  4. wintergreen Altoids
  5. a Chick-fil-a coupon for a chicken biscuit
5 things found in my wallet...
  1. an old family picture of all four of us
  2. a used up Chick-fil-a gift card
  3. lots of receipts
  4. a bandaid
  5. a little bit of change
5 things found in my room...
  1. books/Bibles
  2. photo album of our Colorado vacation
  3. homemade artwork
  4. a stuffed squirrel and chihuahua (Beanie Babies) No I'm not 'a collector'..but the dog was a gift to Bub after he had radiation. And the squirrel was one I did buy for myself when our little Beanie store was about to close. Even though the kids really enjoyed going to 'the pet shop' and picking out a new beanie and we had plenty that belonged to them, it was sort of emotional for me when that mall closed and the store and that little piece of our 'history' was wiped out. I bought the squirrel on our last visit before it closed.
  5. an old box. I have a small wooden box that was my grandmother's that sits on my dresser. It has little odds and ends that belonged to her in it. From old cloth hankies of hers to other little trinkets that I remember fingering when I was a child.
5 things I've always wanted to do...
  1. go to the NYC/DC area
  2. go to Hawaii
  3. learn to swim. I've always been afraid of water and never taken the plunge and learned to get over it.
  4. own a 5th wheel or a motor home or some other kind of vacation house on wheels.. can you say my own sheets and towels???
  5. build and live in a 'green' home... and live completely off the grid. This thought it fascinating to me for some odd reason. lol
5 things I'm currently into...
  1. scrapbooking.. a little
  2. crafty stuff.. a little
  3. reading blogs (and writing one).
  4. the Wii Fit
  5. the book of Genesis
So there ya go... my odd little list of 5 things. If this sounds fun, then make a list! : )

1 comment:

Jill said...

Cool idea! I may borrow it for a future blog. ( :