I've been doing this WiiFit carnival thing on Fridays. It's a good thing. It's keeping me motivated to get on the WiiFit when I would rather not. This hasn't been a great week for that, but this post isn't really about the working out part.
It's about the eating part.
The thing I've been stinking up at lately.
In the past when I would talk to most people about my need to lose weight, they would mostly just ask 'why?'. And then I would laugh and go into 'it'. When my hubby and I married, I weighed a hundred pounds. That's all. At 5 feet, 2 inches, I was pretty much skin and bones. I've gotten past the skin and bones stage. Well, my middle has. My arms and legs are still fairly slender. Otherwise known as an apple shape. And if you've ever read much about this or watched Dr Oz or anything like that, you'll know that the apple shape is the worst because the fat is concentrated around the middle. And belly fat is largely responsible for diseases like diabetes. Both my parents had/have it.
So having said all of that... I am having the worst time with the eating part of this WiiFit thing. I can blog all day about how good or bad I've been at exercising. But my eating is out of control. And since I'm not blogging my weight, I don't get much accountability built in. So! I'm thinking about blogging my actual weight weekly as a deterrent to eating everything in sight (like I did yesterday).
Some people refer to it as the weather report to catalog their numbers, but I'm thinking about just putting my weight down every Friday when I do the WiiFit update. I'm thinking I will weigh every Friday in the morning after breakfast, since that's when I tend to do my update. And it's right about that time today.
So today's number is.... 140.5. My goal is to lose at least 15 lbs. It puts my middle in better proportion with the rest of my body and reduces my risk for other things as well. So it's not always about the number itself, but the info behind that number.
I'll usually try to document these on Fridays, but today I just wanted to get that off my chest, so to speak, so it doesn't take up all of Friday's post.
3 comments:
Blogging your weight is a brave thing to do. Here's another possibility: blog everything you eat! Seriously, the thing that probably helps me the most is writing down everything I eat, not necessarily for anyone to read, it just helps me think before I eat.
On a separate note, I'm glad you added your picture. I've been wondering what you looked like! I would love to see more pics of the rest of your family -- I feel like I know them. ( :
I totally know how you feel, Kay. I think blogging your weight is a great idea. I'm not brave enough to do it yet. I want to loose a little and THEN start documenting my process! :)
Trust me, eatin' is just as much a work out as the workin' out. You're doing great with your Fitness Friday and I know it's the dieting that can be the hardest part. What worked for me above all else was portion control. I served my stuff on tiny plates and immediately put half my take out food in a box (out of sight out of mind). The first 2 weeks SUCKED but it got easier!
Post a Comment