Tuesday, February 10, 2009

beyond sad today

I don't have much going on right now. Sometimes when I have something on my mind and heart it keeps me from thinking or writing about anything else. I've been like that the past few days. I follow Angie from Bring the Rain on Twitter and she tweeted... (oh how cool does that make me sound??? And that question is followed quickly by did I say that right???)...anyway, she tweeted about a family who's baby daughter was just diagnosed with neuroblastoma at the very end of January and she is already in heaven. I just can't shake that. I don't think God would want me to either. I am beyond sad for this family.

We've walked in the same shoes, and yet I can't imagine losing the battle so fast! We were still just getting started on our fight at 2 or 3 weeks in... and theirs is already over. I can't fathom that.

I pray that God would show Himself real to them.. as comforter and as sustainer. I know He will. Please pray for Cora's mommy and daddy and family. Her funeral is today.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I am praying for this family.

Donna @ Way More Homemade said...

And I've been wrapped up in "yummy_mummy"'s story of losing her baby. It's what we've experienced and what we can relate to. Pray for them, friend. Like no one else can. You know what they need.