I can sit and type a post now because she's sleeping. My girl is sick today.
And I had to get out 'the buckets'. I hate the buckets. They represent a lot.
I feel weird when she's sick and it's just one of those things. It's so minor in the grand scheme of things.
But it can evoke some pretty powerful feelings.
So that's my day. Helping her when she needs it. Putting her hair in a ponytail for her and covering her while she sleeps on the couch. Jumping if she moves. Washing her face for her 'after'.
Poor girl. She feels so bad. She's growing up, but then on a day like today, she's still so small and vulnerable. My baby.
I hope I don't catch it. : p
5 comments:
I'll be praying for your little girl - and for you, too! I hope she feels better soon.
Loved your story about the "ink" mess! Can totally relate to a day like that! Hope you stay well and your daughter is better soon! Stay Cozy, Carrie
I've had a sick teen girl home this week too. You're right, even though they're growing up, there are still moments when they need to be our baby.
I just discovered your blog and am so glad I did. I look forward to a bloggy friendship. :)
OH I hope your daughter feels better soon. I know how it feels to worry when your babies are sick. I'll say a prayer my new friend.
~Dawn
I hope you don't catch it, too. I understand about the buckets and the memories they stir. God bless you and your family!
Post a Comment