A few days ago I was visiting Jill's Blog and she had done a meme and it was a list of a 100 things, and she was supposed to make bold the things she had done. I thought it was pretty cool, but then it sort of left me empty because there are stories behind those bold sentences.
So! I got an idea. I thought I would take down some of the ones that sounded like they would make interesting stories or snippets or whatever and go with it. To see the whole list, click here. But this is my shortened list with some chit chat or a story or two thrown in.
Anyhoo... I think I will refer to them by their number on the original list, so if I jump from #2 to #7, you haven't missed anything. LOL
The first one was start a blog. Well..tada! I've done that. I'm not certain of all God's purposes for me to have a blog yet.. but I am excited that I can meet some new ladies and hopefully share a little bit of what God has done and is doing as I write. And of course, some silly stuff along the way, just for fun. : )
#2. Sleep under the stars. We camped a lot when I was growing up. We could not have afforded to go on vacations had we not had a camper. I have pleasant memories of camping in all climates... from hot roll down the window flap weather, to dressing under the covers cold weather. So if that counts as under the stars, then yes I have!
#7. Been to Disneyland. I went to Disneyland in 1984, I believe. We had a wonderful time. And yes we camped near San Bernadino. Crazy, huh?! I remember being so excited to be in the actual park that Walt Disney himself created and walked around in. I was star struck without him even being there.
#18. Grown my own veggies. I've made several attempts at growing tomatoes since we've lived in this house. I looooove home grown tomatoes. I've seen those hanging things and think every year I'm going to order one and grow some tomatoes upside down!
#24. Built a snow fort. Even though I live in Texas, we have gotten some decent snows throughout my life. I used to have a playmate across the street from me and we'd play out in the snow for hours, building everything we could think of.
#34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors. I'm going to take some liberties on this one. I remember once when visiting an older relative, we drove way out in the country (in Arkansas) and the house she lived in as a young married lady was still standing! I've seen pics of me playing at this same house when I was around 2. It was interesting listening to the older gens discussing everything from rocking chairs to where the cat used to lay on the porch. : )
#42. Seen Old Faithful erupt. I was very young. So young that our vacation pics were slides..remember the days??? We have a pic of my dad, who had been dying to see Old Faithful, staring at an airplane while it erupted. Cracked us up!
#49. Seen the Sistene Chapel. I'm going to take liberties with this one too. When the hubs and I were dating, we visited The Precious Moments Chapel. At the time, Sam Butcher was still working on it. We were never privileged to be there when he was actually working, but we could always see work in progress through the years as we revisited it. And the work he's done is magnificent. Sadly the first time we visited the chapel, our tour guide told us that his son had just been killed in an auto accident. He later painted a small prayer room dedicated to the memory of his son. That room makes me cry every time we visit.
#54. Gone to a drive-in movie. Several. Most notably I went to see the very first Star Wars movie at a drive-in in Podunk, Texas.
#69. Saved a favorite childhood toy. Yes! One in particular comes to mind. I had this very odd toy that looked sort of like a small mouse and it had this fake fur stuff on it. It was cute then, but it's sort of yucky looking now. Makes me wonder if the fur wasn't so fake. LOL I had one, as did my cousin, and we played for hours on end with our 'mousies'.
#77. Broken a bone. Yep! I walked right off a step at the vet's office and found myself sitting down in tremendous pain. This was on Good Friday of 2005. The doctor didn't think it was broken and that it should heal. It didn't. By the time I got in to a specialist and got a CT of it, it was almost summer. I got my cast on the day before school let out. I spent 8 weeks in a cast. I had a tricked out ride though. I could go pretty fast. Wheeee! And several more weeks in a boot. The rest of the summer and part of the fall in physical therapy and I chaperoned a field trip with my newly minted foot in September a few days after I finished PT.
#79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person. Yes! On the tail end of the Disneyland trip. I loved the Grand Canyon more than all the other things we did on that trip, COMBINED...well..except for Disney. lol
#85. Read the entire Bible. Yes. But it took me 3 years. But that is ok!
#88. Had chicken pox. I had them in the 5th grade. One of the only times my grandparents stayed at our house. We usually visited them. They gave me a set of playing cards with puppies on them and you'da thought they gave me a million dollars. Simple things.
#91. Met someone famous. Yes. On the same trip with Disneyland and the Grand Canyon, my dad wanted to visit Roy Rogers' museum. And being the huffy, attitudinal teenager that I was, I dreaded that day. Boring old people stuff. But as we walked around I began to have great respect for this man and the amazing life he had led. And the faithful, outspoken Christian life he'd led as well. Pretty cool. And next thing you know, there he was. He used to regularly visit the museum and greet the guests. So it turned into a pretty cool day, interestingly.
#99. Been stung by a bee. More than once, but a funny one was at McDonalds. I got stung on the hand as I was walking in one time. I panicked because the stinger stayed in. I finally found someone to help me get it out. LOL (I wasn't a mother back then and didn't have a clue what to do!)
#100. Read a book in one day. I've done this several times. But the most recent time was when I read Paula Deen's biography. Interesting read. Not for the kiddies though. Wow!
So there you have it... a sort of 100 list. Thanks Jill for the idea! I just messed it up some and had some fun with it.
7 comments:
Wow, I would LOOOOVE to see the Grand Canyon! I bet that was incredible.
Rina,
It was incredible..except I was wearing brown sunglasses and when I took them off, it looked sort of 'bla' to me. So the thing to be learned here.. if you go to the Grand Canyon...either don't wear brown sunglasses or don't take them off, if you do! LOL
Very interesting. I've done this (not the snippet thing though) on my writing blog (Ink Scrawls) not too long ago. It's interesting to see what other people have done and experienced.
Oops..that's a lie, sorry. It's actually on my knitting blog and can be found here if you are interested:
http://kittenyarnsandcrafts.blogspot.com/2009/01/meme.html
I like the way you did it too. Maybe I'll elaborate on some of mine in a future blog.
I dare say if I were to begin listing all my "dones" I would be here a long, long time.
Suffice it to say I got a kick out of your list! What a fun way to tally one's adventures.
You've done a lot! It's fun to learn more in-depth about things that are significant to you. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment