Today is not a good day.
Boo is off seeing a movie with friends, so it’s quiet here. I did some laundry. Then I noticed that a tiny bit of bleach (maybe?) got on one of my favorite shirts. Even though the shirt is old and nothing to brag about, it was a favorite because it fit and felt good and was warm to wear. And I hate to wear clothes when they’re messed up. I guess that means my favorite shirt will now be shoved to the back of the closet and only dragged out when I have a cold or something. Depressing.
I was working on my scrapbook calendars the other day and got them to a point I could put the bulk of the tools away and could not find the grid for my circle cutter. I don’t think I threw it away, but I have no idea where that silly thing is.
Aaaaand the other day I was looking for something else, and remembered something little that somebody made for me when I was a kid… that I know for a fact that I still have… and I can’t find it.
Combine aaaaaaall of that with the fact that Christmases just aren’t that happy for me anyway.
Hubs will be off work from Christmas eve until the 4th of January. That’s a bright spot…although we don’t have any plans. We’ve talked about maybe even bugging out over the holiday but I know we won’t do that. It does sound fun though. So if you were going to pull a Christmas with the Kranks and bug out over the holidays, where would you go?
5 comments:
Sorry you're not having a good day. ): Even though I didn't post my "Grinch Countdown" this year, I'm still counting the days -- 8 more 'til it's over!
If I was going to get out of town, I'd probably "head for the hills" (the Smoky Mountains).
Hope your day gets better. I'll pray that your Christmas will be good. God can make it happen!
I would come to your house and get your out of your funk. :0
And I'll bring my circle cutter too.
I have always dreamed of skipping Christmas and going skiing. And by skiing, I mean the kids would ski and I would sit by the fire reading a good book :) I don't think it will ever happen..but a girl can dream.
I hope tomorrow is a better day for you....HUGs, Suz
Well, I live a bit of a distance from you, so...In a car, I would drive to Victoria, BC, and continue on up the west coast of Vancouver Island. If I was going to fly, I would go to Palm Desert (or Hawaii, if I had a bigger budget) to take in some sunshine. If my husband and son were deciding, it would be a ski vacation, maybe to Whistler, BC. My kind of skiing is like Suz's.
But there's no place like home for the holidays...even if it's hard sometimes. I am thinking of you and your sweet Bub.
I've never thought about leaving town at Christmas..........until these past two years. I think I would like to go somewhere with snow. I want to end up in a town you would see in a Lifetime movie, small, quaint, and everybody loves everybody, including the stranger in town. LOL definitely not real life.
I'm not going to leave town. I will be here with the rest of my family, minus Peyton, missing him terribly. This year has been better than last year. I have to believe next year will be even better.
Have a better day today dear Kay.
Merry Christmas.
I really hate to admit this, but I've been known to color a bleach spot with a Sharpie. Works pretty good. :)
Post a Comment