Thursday, December 17, 2009

it blustered

A couple of days ago I read the forecast for yesterday.  It said it was going to be blustery and cold.  Did he go to the Winnie the Pooh school of weather forecasting or what?!

Anyhoo…. it really was blustery chilly yesterday. And since it’s finals week for high school, Boo’s been getting out before lunch and spending a lot of time in her room studying for the next day’s tests. And it’s chilly in there. 

This is probably not what anybody ever imagined when they put the finishing touches on this butter churn I inherited recently. But it kept the little space heater off the floor and made her room nice and cozy for an afternoon of study.

P1010714

And just because I think it’s cute….

P1010655

…Miss Boo’s room decorated for the holidays.   She likes the colored lights too, so we strung those around her window. It turned out really cute.

Kinda fun and festive-ish in a kid/teen sort of way.

5 comments:

Beckypdj said...

We use the word "blustery" in our house too. It's funny the sayings we use from kids' movies. It's our history together.

Boo's tree is cute!!

Jill said...

I like the word "blustery." Not the weather, just the word. It's a vivid description. Plus, like you, it reminds me of Winnie the Pooh. ( :

Wade's World said...

Love the decorations! So festive!!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Blustery is such a pooh word..I agree. And I love it too.
LOVE the girly tree...so perfect!!!
Stay warm, Suz

Cheryl Barker said...

Love having little trees in bedrooms (I've got one in mine), and the lights around the window sound like the perfect extra touch. Good idea!