Thursday, March 17, 2011

maybe that’s the simplest explanation

I feel like I can’t keep my thoughts straight these days.

I’m so scatterbrained.

I went to the bank the other day to cash a check and sat enjoying the pretty weather in the drive through. And then the little tube came back to me and I opened it to find my money.

And my credit card.

Evidently I sent that instead of my drivers license. Thankfully they know us at our tiny bank and I didn’t have any problems.

I felt so silly that I felt like I had to buzz the girl and thank her for giving me my money anyway…even without proper id. We both had a good laugh.

She blamed it all on daylight savings time.

I blamed it on spring break.

But inwardly I just blamed it on me being a doofus. 

6 comments:

Wade's World said...

I once pulled up to the drive thru window at Taco Bell and couldn't for the life of me figure out why they were selling fried chicken. Maybe it was because I had pulled up to KFC.

You are definitely not alone in your doofus moments. I have them ALL the time!

Busy Bee Suz said...

You are so funny.
I blame it on everything!!!!
Thanks for the laugh.

Gberger said...

I don't think you are a doofus. I think there are just "those moments" and "those days." I have them, too. Thanks for sharing yours.

Dawn said...

oh how funny! oh well :) glad you got your $$!

Cheryl Barker said...

I think I've got you beat. One day I tried to pay for my groceries with my Blockbuster card :)

Kathleen said...

I say it's just the right of passage. It makes me grin when I'm responsible for atypical stuff (like putting the sugar in the refrigerator, or the milk in the cupboard).

I can now claim all sorts of stuff as the result of getting older. Phew! I had absolutely NO excuse when I was younger :)