Tuesday, March 15, 2011

let them eat cake

Yesterday I made a cake in the flavor she requested. A birthday is coming up. We decided she would have a few girls over today, since we’re having some repairs done to our house for the rest of the week.

Happy spring break to us.

P1030669

It’s called California Citrus Cake and my mom used to make it all the time.

It’s so good.

So when she asked for lemon, I knew exactly what to make. : )

California Citrus Cake

4 eggs, beaten (I used egg beaters), 1 yellow cake mix, 1 package small lemon instant pudding, 3/4 c. water and 1/2 cup oil (I used canola).

Beat ten minutes. (I used the stand mixer….or I probably wouldn’t even make this cake LOL) Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350 in a bundt pant. Cool and ice.

Icing:

2 c. powdered sugar, 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate and 2 tablespoons orange peel, grated.

Bring to a boil and let cool; drizzle over cake.

This cake is so good. But whaddaya know, I just noticed I didn’t follow the recipe. I forgot to cook the frosting. I guess that’s why it wasn’t very thick.

But it tasted good. And that’s what counts.

7 comments:

Beckypdj said...

Looks good Kay!!! I made my husband a lemon cake for his birthday too.

Wade's World said...

How about you just mail me a piece? That sounds delicious!!

Gberger said...

That is gorgeous, and it looks DELICIOUS. Happy Birthday week!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, I love lemon too. YUMMO.
Looks perfectly tasty.
Happy birthday to your 'little' girl.

Kathleen said...

Oh my goodness, this is one recipe my whole family's gonna love! Thank you.

Dawn said...

oh yummmmm!!!! just looking at it makes my lips pucker! (that is a good thing!!) enjoy the birthday!

Jill said...

Sounds delicious! I may have to try it. ( :