I feel like I’m in a never ending episode of House Hunters. All I need is Suzanne Whang narrating as we go from room to room and house to house.
I’ve seen some pretty houses. And I’ve seen some not so pretty houses. I’ve seen some with good storage. And some with barely any storage.
And I’ve seen a bunch of other stuff too.
People..what are you thinking sometimes???
I’ve seen a house with three back doors. Three! And they were just a few feet from each other.
I’ve seen a house with only one back door…in the master bedroom. Why???
I’m seeing a lot of houses with the master potty just smack dab in the middle of the bathroom. Um..no. Door please!
I’m running into a lot of houses with the hot water heater in a closet in the hallway…or even worse…in the attic. And as my hubby says, everything is fine until it isn’t and then you’ve got a big problem on your hands.
I saw the most amazing house a couple of days ago. It’s in a great location for us. The house is the right size. It has an amazing kitchen…new granite and brand new stainless appliances…just so pretty. Large eat in kitchen, large family room. I walked through those rooms and thought my dreams were about to come true.
And then I went down the hallway and started checking the (what I call) kid rooms. Not a single walk in closet among them. Just little (what I call) flat closets barely deeper than a hanger. I was so bummed. I left that house shaking my head and sad….as I walked past an enormous formal area in the front, that I honestly don’t have a clue what I’d ever do with. Why oh why…can they make some spaces crazy big and then overlook something so basic as a real closet???
Some days I’m encouraged by what I see and then other days I feel like I’m never going to find the right house for us.
But I guess it’s ok that I haven’t found it yet…I’m having my repairs done here next week and I still need to declutter before it even goes on the market.
So! I guess I need to get my hands on some boxes and quit thinking about what I can’t find just yet. : )
4 comments:
Our water heater is in our attic, and I check it constantly. We don't have much storage, but that's one of the things that I chalk up to being a first time home buyer. We'll defintely know better next time!
The right house will come along at the right time!
You live and learn. Surely you won't find a PERFECT house...but you will find something that you can grow to love. Besides, if Suzanne Whang was with you...you would have had to choose one of the THREE houses already. Could you imagine????
OY.
Good luck Kay and Family!!!
What is wrong with a water heater in a hall closet? Ours is in our coat closet. Am I missing something?
Closet space is very important.
I have faith you will find what your family needs, at the right time.
wow- what a big job it is to find the "perfect" house!!! i think you'll know it when you see it :) good luck!
Post a Comment