Saturday, October 16, 2010

Wednesday of WDW ‘10 (or NASA day)

I can’t figure out exactly how I want to tell you about the trip. I don’t think I’m up for a day by day account like I did last time. But perhaps I’ll just hit the high points..and maybe a low point or two, if they’re noteworthy.

And a boatload of pics.  How’s that?

So how about starting in the middle? On Wednesday we made arrangements to go to NASA. We’ve only been to the one in Texas and thought this would be fun. So we rented a car and drove out there. I was hoping to see lots of Florida but it was mostly just one loooong highway with trees on either side and a few toll booths. A little underwhelming. I still wanna see more!

There go my peeps walking around in the ‘graveyard’ as it’s called. Very cool to see all these rockets and such, up close and personal.

P1030374

The space shuttle looks tiny rolling out the doors of this HUGE building.

P1030383

There’s the shuttle on the pad. So cool!!!

P1030387

P1030393

I love Snoopy so I couldn’t resist taking a pic of this one!

P1030394

They explain Snoopy better than I can, so I took a picture of the plaque next to him.

We did a special guided tour thing and a couple of the things our bus driver pointed out didn’t have anything to do with NASA…a huge eagle’s nest that’s over 70 years old and the size of KING sized mattress (!!!) and an alligator (!!!). No pics of either one of those, but they were both really cool. Love it that the NASA land is a preserve and lots of land and water life can thrive there.

And then we went to Chili’s. Of course. Well not of course, it was more like “oh look, a place to eat. Stop!” so we did. : )

P1030396

I took a picture because they had different tiles on the table and I thought that was cool.

My family on the other hand, just thought I was nuts.

3 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I also love the tiles at chili's!!!
What a fun day, I would love to go to the Kennedy space center too. We went waaaayyyyyyy back in the day, before we were even married.
I had to go look at my king sized bed to compare it to a nest...dang, that is BIG!!!
Love snoopy...who knew he was an astronaut???

Wade's World said...

I love the pictures of the shuttle. How cool!!!

Gberger said...

NASA? How fascinating. I'd be very interested in that, too! Thanks for sharing the fun. So glad that you took this trip with your peeps. =)