We spent our second day at WDW at the Magic Kingdom. (last trip, we spent our airplane day at MK and this time we spent that day at EPCOT). We’ve learned a lot since our first trip. We thought ‘the little shows’ the parks do as they open the park were really cute. But since our first trip, we’ve learned they’re called rope drops. And they’re sort of a big deal sometimes.
And we had not seen the one for The Magic Kingdom yet.
It was a magical start to a very fun day.
The characters arrive by train and the announcer/conductor guy says good morning and then the characters dance and sing.
We walked straight down Main Street towards Cinderella’s castle…and beyond. We were working on our touring plan and hitting major attractions very early before the crowds hit. That my friends, is the best advice anybody could give regarding the parks.
We rode Peter Pan’s Flight. We had not ridden this one, but I’d been on the one in Disneyland. It brought back a lot of fond memories for me. By the end of the week, we were able to ride this four of five times. Loved it! : )
We rode Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin as well. Very fun. Loved the Buzz in the queue.
We also rode the Haunted Mansion…another ride we were able to ride four or five times before the week was done.
This tombstone is kinda spooky. It’s in the graveyard alongside the queue outside. Her eyes open and close and her face moves. Creepy. (something I didn’t even notice on our first trip!)
We didn’t get to see The Hall of Presidents on our last trip. It was closed for refurbishment. So this was a special treat for us.
And yep, there go my peeps (ball cap and pink shirt..I am always at the back stopping to take pics as they go on ahead..and then I have to run to catch up)
These are replicas of the boots George W. Bush wore to his inauguration.
It was a very moving and patriotic show. Makes you want to put your hand on your heart and be proud of who we can be.
We loved the People Mover. It was a nice relaxing way to take a rest and enjoy the scenery.
We didn’t watch any parades on our last trip. At the time, I didn’t feel like we were missing anything. But after seeing them, we’ve decided they are a festive “must see” just for the nostalgia of seeing the characters.
I love Jiminy Cricket. I remember watching those old educational films at school that he was in. Love love love!
The park was all decked out for fall. So cute!
Also got to walk through Cinderella’s castle this trip. Last trip that walkway was closed for shows.
These mosaics are all along the walkways. So beautiful and intricate.
We saw the Electrical Parade although in their schedules they call it something else. I remember this one from when I was a kid at Disneyland.
Main Street at night.
After the light parade, we found a spot to watch Wishes, the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom. We finally found a spot and actually got to see Tinkerbelle up close as she flew over us. Very fun. I didn’t take pics of the fireworks this year, because I took about 40 last trip. : ) I will say that I would pay for the dessert party to be able to sit on this one balcony and have a clear view of the fireworks. (next time…)
It was a sweet ending to another magical day.
6 comments:
Wow, you guys made if from open to close??? That is a full day.
I also love Peter Pan's flight...by far my fave ride.
And Buzz lightyear is fun too.
I always remember the people mover as being a 'rest stop' for us as well!
I am so glad you guys had such a fun time...are you planning your return yet?? :)
I think WDW owes you a big royalty for your enthusiastic descriptions and photos of your trip. You clearly LOVED it, and had a blast. What better advertisment is there than a satisfied, returning customer? The very best there is! So glad you had such fun.
Sounds like a great day. I can't wait to take Jackson one day. He's going to love it.
Great day! I am glad I got your "tour."
Thanks for the tour :) I'm enjoying your pics very much.
We've never been to Disneyland or Disneyworld. Looks like lots of fun. Just seeing Cinderella's Castle alone would be exciting. Maybe one day -- but there are so many places I'd like to go, it's hard to choose! Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment