Tuesday, October 26, 2010

the food and the last day (WDW ‘10)

As I mentioned before, I am trying not to tell every single moment and just keep it to the highlights but…there’s just too much good stuff. : )

Anyway…

We really enjoyed some of our meals while at WDW. There is a place in Disney’s Hollywood Studios that’s called The Sci-Fi. It’s like an indoor drive in theater complete with cars as tables…the girl and I ate in the front seat and hubs ate in the back. We all faced forward to watch the movie reel on the screen. And we could look up at the ‘stars’ while we ate and watched. Very clever.

P1030306

That’s a bad picture from our ‘car’ as we ate. The movie reel includes old sci-fi and cartoons and shorts. It’s very cute. We enjoyed our meal there. Although this place gets some bad reviews for food, we had a pleasant experience in that regard. I had a rather tasty burger, a very nostalgic cucumber salad and apple crisp for dessert. And it was deelish! The girl had a pasta salad and I’m thinking the hubs had a burger too. Aaaand they had vanilla coke, so my peeps were lovin’ it. A super fun experience for all.

In EPCOT, we ate at Teppan Edo, which is just an interesting cultural experience.

P1030460

P1030463

I didn’t get a picture of it, but our chef cut up onions and made a ‘Mickey’ and then a smaller ‘Minnie’. Very cute. We ate at a table with a family from Missouri and on the other side of the table was a French family. The French dad had a hard time understanding English with a Japanese accent, so I had to interpret for him. I worried my Texas accent wouldn’t be much better, but he seemed to understand what I was saying.

The girl and I split a funnel cake in EPCOT in the world showcase. Oh my gosh…I know that’s like state fair food compared to a lot of the other offerings there (Food and Wine festival was going on), but it was sooo good.

P1030428

You can see her Mickey shirt in the pic too. : )

This was another common sight on our lunch trays. CHOCOLATE CAKE. Yum! The desserts at Disney are really good and even easy stuff like cake was very tasty.

P1030404

We had some forgettable meals in the parks..one of which was chicken fingers squatting in front of a bench. You definitely win some and lose some.

Our last night there we ate at Kona at our resort and had the most amazing pineapple upside down cake. Oh. My. Gosh. But I didn’t take a picture of it because…

I was sick. I got sick Thursday night with what I later figured out/found out was a sinus infection. And I’m still getting over it.

So our last day/Friday we got up and headed to Downtown Disney to just hang out and shop.

This Woody is made out of LEGOS.

P1030476

We did some shopping and ate lunch and returned to the room. We were all tired so we just laid around and rested.

After dinner at Kona, hubs and the girl played in the arcade and I sat on a bench by the water and just looked at the lights and took in the evening. 

P1030481

When it got dark, we headed down to the dock to watch a little water parade/pageant thing they do. It’s not a big thing, but a fun way to end the night.

P1030493

There were several floats and music and when all of them had gone by/been turned on, they all changed to flags and stars and played patriotic music.

P1030494

After that, we went headed back for one more sleep so we could come home the next day. That was a long (and painful) day for this sick, stuffy girl.

4 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

Yeah, to all the great desserts!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Glad that (most of) your trip was positive and yummy.
I must try the drive in diner one day...if I ever get back to Disney.
It seems it is never a vacation without someone getting ill.
Hope you feel better soon Kay!

Beckypdj said...

I've enjoyed your trip to Disney :) I go back and forth on whether we should go or not.

Feel better soon.

Cheryl Barker said...

Funnel cake and chocolate cake? You're a gal after my own heart :)