Anyway... she used to sleep in the bathroom. But then she started making all sorts of racket so we decided to try to see if she could get happy sleeping outside the bathroom. Yeah.. she eventually got cozy sleeping outside the bathroom, on my leg. I wasn't overly thrilled. But then she decided she liked the throw on the couch... my not so cheap Lands End fleecy something or other throw. At first I was happy that she was just off my legs at night, but then one day I wanted to curl up on the couch with MY blanket and it was all cat-hairy and that bugged me.
So I got an idea. I decided yesterday to get her a new blanket all her own. So I went off to Big Lots in search of an alternative that costs less than my Lands End throw. I found one. It's really soft and a similar color. I washed mine and hers together in hot to get the cat off MY throw and to clean hers and get it ready for the couch. Weeeeell....
...crazy cat won't even go near the new throw. And if you put her on it, she scrambled off like she's been shot out of a cannon. So out of desperation, I 'fixed' the new throw on her 'spot' on the couch and put the old throw next to it, in the middle of the couch, which is not her favorite spot. Guess where she ended up? Yep.... on the old throw in the middle of the couch. Drives me nuts. I like MY throw but I don't have any ideas on how to get it back. Do you think reverse phsychology would work.. you know... I'll take her throw as mine and see if she gets jealous? That just makes me giggle.. having to play mind games with a cat to to get her to sleep with an $8 blanket!
3 comments:
I'm not a cat person, but I know they definitely have a mind of their own. Maybe you could put your good one away out of her reach (another challenge with a cat, I know) until she finds a new, and hopefully better, favorite spot. ( :
Cats crack me up. I could add lots of stories like this...catching them on the dining room table, on the quilt fabric and batting, on the only black duvet-cover in the house, on the best, velvet-covered chairs (frm my Nana's house), etc...
Karen.. you made me laugh when you said BLACK.. they seem to gravitate toward items that are the opposite of them! LOL Annabelle likes to sit on the dining table. I had a hard time with that at first. I've gone from a post-transplant kitchen to animals on the table! We just don't put our silverware on the table. lol She loves the table so she can look out the big window into the backyard at the squirrels and the occasional bunny that might happen along.
Post a Comment