The phone rang yesterday and it was a 1-800 number. I should have just let it ring. I know better.
But sitting there with a ringing phone and then having to push all the buttons on the answering machine to clear ‘the message’ when whoever-it-is leaves the inevitable pause on the machine, well, that’s just too much for me. So..
Hello?
It was the electric company.
Trying to sell me a new thermostat so I can “save money on my electric bill”.
Saving money on my electric bill really is just code for “turning up the stat and keeping it hotter in the house”. Who are we kidding here.
But I was a nice girl. I know these people need jobs, so I let him make his points and I listened intently. Until…
He asked me if my husband had a job. Yes, thankfully. And he also figured out during this conversation that I am a stay-at-homer. So things are toodling along with this boring convo until he began to make one last point.
That my husband can control the thermostat from his OFFICE.
Excuse me? HE can turn the air up from work without my knowledge while I sit sweltering in the house with 100-plus temps outside?
Click.
That guy must not be married.
8 comments:
I've seen a commercial that shows people controlling the thermostat from their PHONE!!!! If you forget to turn it up when you leave on vacation, it would be neat (I was going to use cool but...) to be able to do.
You're right, he's probably single :)
Have a great (in control of your thermostat) day, Kay!!!
double click! oh my gosh! i am sitting here still laughing as i type. can you imagine???
I'd say it's time to go back to letting the machine answer! :)
Oh my gosh...this made me laugh so hard. AS IF.....
He must live a very lonely life.
Those telemarketers just don't know quite when to stop, now do they?
And he's totally single with a selling point like that! The sad thing is that if some men answered the phone that would be exactly the point that made a sale for them!
LOL! I would have hung up too, but probably sooner. It is a huge pet peeve of mine for someone to try to sell me something I have no interest in. We are on the "do not call" list and have caller ID, but one still slips through occasionally. ) :
hahaha. WOW.
That made me laugh!
Now all I want to know is if there's some way to connect the remote to MY phone?!
Post a Comment