Friday, June 25, 2010

reading

I read…

P1020890

Angie Smith at Bring the Rain advertised that it was a free download for a limited time, so I got to read it for free. It was a good thing I was reading on my Touch that glows in the dark, because I read late into one night to finish it. Loved it. Very precious story.

Made me cry in multiple places. One of which was when she knew her pregnancy was in trouble and that unless God intervened, she would not be bringing home a baby. Strangers would ask seemingly benign questions that broke her heart because to answer truthfully, she would have to tell the story. I remember times like that during Bub’s treatment. On the outside, everything looked ‘normal’ but what we were living was anything but. I so relate!

And right now I’m taking my own sweet time reading Laura Bush’s book, Spoken From the Heart. I’ve taken it to appointments and what not. I haven’t stayed up all night to read it…yet! : )  I’m still in the early section of the book that talks about her childhood. Since she grew up in a small town, it is interesting how many things I can relate to. We moved to ‘the big city’ when I was a baby, but we still regularly visited grandparents and other relatives that lived in Small Town. Many of the things she experienced as a young girl, I had a taste of growing up as well. She is a very articulate writer and it’s easy to see she is very well read.

So it’s been fun to read two such different books that I can relate to on some level.

What are you reading? 

6 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You can read a book on your i touch? You have very good eyes.

The book sounds good...and I would love to read the Laura Bush book too. I do love a good biography.
I just started a book: Whistling in the Dark. It is a sad type of story, but written so well and it has a few smiles along the way too. I will finish it by tomorrow and I started it on Wednesday! A record for me.

Wade's World said...

I love Angie Smith and Laura Bush, but I haven't gotten around to reading either of their books yet. Maybe soon!

Gberger said...

She is a dear woman. Her story reminded me of our niece and nephew's baby who arrived and passed within hours last August. She has such a sweet faith and family.
I admire Laura Bush. She seems to be a real lady, who has LIVED.

Diana Ferguson said...

I just posted about Laura Bush's book, too!

Midwestern Chica said...

I followed Angie's blog & will have to gather some strength before reading her book. Mrs. Bush's book will be on my Amazon wish list. I have a running list that keeps getting longer. Right now I'm in feel good mode with My Life in France by Julia Child.

Cheryl Barker said...

I just started Kristen Heitzmann's The Edge of Recall, but I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of a couple of books I've won online -- Carla Stewart's Chasing Lilacs and Mary DeMuth's Thin Places. I've been wanting to read both of those books so I'm stoked! :)