I kind of feel like I should have put a sign out on my blog that says “gone fishing” or something like that. I sent the girl to camp and then the next morning, I left town.
I went to visit my cousin in the small town I was born in. We stayed up late, slept late, at A LOT of Mexican food, went antique shopping and also did a little scrapbooking. Very fun.
We also went around town taking pictures of some of the landmarks I’ve known my whole life.
There is a sweet little park in town, with several “water features”, lots of ducks and the usual swing sets.
This is a fun little building in town. When we drove by there ‘back in the day’, they stored Cokes in it. Now it’s some kind of storefront.
This is the courthouse. My mother worked there before she married.
This is the little country church my grandparents went to. My parents also went there before they dated and married. Their wedding was there.
And let us not forget…Dairy Queen! We would drive past this on the way into town. It’s been there for-evah!
And yes, we ate there. And it was good! : )
I had a fun trip but it’s nice to be home. Late today the girl arrives home from camp. Can’t wait to hear all about it.
And see if she made it home with everything.
7 comments:
Glad you had a fun trip. I have been missing hearing from you, but I guess I've been "gone" too. I've just checked out mentally, though, not physically. ( :
I hope she had a wonderful time. I'm sure you'll be very glad to see her!
Your trip back to see your cousin and visit the old landmarks sounds/looks as if it was fun and good for you. There's nothing like some "girlfriend time" to feed the soul. So glad that you got to go!
Thanks for the anti-snoring tips!
Your little trip away sounds wonderful. Doesn't every small town have a dairy queen that have been there forever? I think it is necessary.:)
I hope your daughter had a fun time at camp!!!
Sometimes the best trips are those that accommodate the simple things.
Dairy Queen in a fav or mine. You just can't beat their Blizzards!
Blessings,
Kathleen
I'm glad you're back! It sounds like you had a great time.
And Dairy Queen is the best!
Love a DQ!!!! Thank you for your prayers.
Love those photos......
Glad you had a fun trip.
Post a Comment