Wednesday, June 23, 2010

camp and a little puddin’

Well, the girl lived through camp. She loved it, although she was more than exhausted when she got home. As were we. Picking up a kid at 1:30 AM is a bit late even for us. But we had the whole weekend to rest, unwind and hear all her stories. Here’s the condensed version…

  • Beach open, ocean closed. Oil.
  • Pool open.
  • Condos rock.
  • Delicious food.
  • Great worship times and great teaching.
  • Made a few new friends. (She is the new girl.)
  • Came home tired and unsure about whether she wants to go next year.
  • I’m sure she’ll change her mind by next year, though.

Then we had Father’s Day. It was pretty low key. I couldn’t think of anything he needed, so we decided to make a banana pudding for him.

And it’s easy peazy to make.

P1020939

Banana Pudding:

Make a small box of instant banana pudding with the two cups of milk in a large bowl. Add in one can of sweetened condensed milk and one regular sized tub of cool whip. Mix with a whisk until it’s all combined. Layer vanilla wafers in the bottom of the bowl. Slice bananas on top of the cookies. Pour on a layer of pudding. Repeat with the cookies, more banana and the rest of the pudding. Crumble a few wafer cookies on top, just for pretties.

Tada!

P1020940

And he got it all to himself since the girl and I can’t eat dairy.

But it sure smelled good!

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is a beautiful looking pie, I am sure "dad" loved his gift!

So happy she had fun at camp..stinks about the oily beach.

Gberger said...

Welcome Home, Boo! I'm glad it was a good experience. And you are sure a loving wife to make a pie that is all his! What a great gift.

Diana Ferguson said...

Glad she had fun! What a pie.......I'm hungry.

Dawn said...

it is a gorgeous dessert! and i can't believe you made desert that only he could eat. love . glad your Boo had a pretty good time at camp... when will this oil mess be over??