Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It’s random time!

1. How do you feel about "Gladiator" sandals, also called "Roman" or "Jesus" sandals? A fashion yea or nay? I guess if you’re 6 feet something and a size ‘zero’ than maybe they would look ok. But for your average Joanne, umm.. not so much.

2. What is your favorite pizza? The girl and I get ‘the works’ without cheese. And since cheese makes me sick, then I guess that is my favorite.


3. There are plans in the works to sell roughly 1,000 items from Star Trek: The Experience in Las Vegas. This means you could buy Picard's chair for your family room. If not a Star Trek item, what prop, background, set, etc. from what TV or movie would you buy if you could?
[Ex: Hurley's "I Love my Shih tzu" shirt from LOST, the plantation home "Tara" from Gone With the Wind, or Tracy's tambourine from the Partridge Family.]
  I would love to have the front porch from Andy Taylor’s house. (Andy Griffith Show)


4. Name a local food or restaurant that your area is famous for.  Corn dogs were ‘born’ at the State Fair of Texas, as were a bunch of other artery clogging fried things that I won’t mention.


5. What is your current favorite snack? I’m on a Chex Mix kick right now..but I don’t eat the pretzels or those funny looking skinny white things. Neither of them have any flavor. And it bugs me because I pick them out and it seems to be about 50% chex stuff and 50% pretzels/weird white things. Seems like a bit of rip to me.


6. Hypothetical: You are required to be a reality show contestant. Which show would you choose based on your probability of success? (You cannot choose "none.")
A. Dancing with the Stars
B. Biggest Loser
C. Survivor

Let’s see..can’t dance. Never have and don’t plan on starting now. And frankly, I just don’t know that I could pull off that hot and bothered look that Pamela Anderson some of the female contestants seem to have mastered. So there goes DWTS.  And I think I would cry if I had to live out in the elements and eat bugs and get eaten by them, so no Survivor for me. I guess that leaves The Biggest Loser. Hey.. I need to lose some weight, so that might work for me. I would be the whiny one.  Hey, I’m not proud.


7. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being uninhabitable and 10 being cleanliness that meets the standards of OCD, how clean is your vehicle's interior? It’s decent. It’s got some clutter, but nothing gross. Probably a 7.

8. It doesn't feel like Spring until _________. .. it gets warm.


9. Something that made you laugh really hard recently is ____. The other day, the girl was working on a science worksheet and hubs walked past her door and overheard her reading the question out loud and saying “Psssth, I don’t know the answer to that!” (it’s called learning…you do it with books) Hubs told me what he heard and I think I laughed harder than I’ve laughed in a long time. It just struck me funny.


10. Tell me about a goal you're working toward.  Getting all the photos from the little kid/sick kid years into books so we can look at them. I’ve begun the process and Boo has enjoyed seeing pix of herself she’s never seen. That has made me feel bad and spurred me on to complete the task.

11. Share a thought-provoking or inspiring quote this week. This is something that has come to mind over and over as I’ve been studying the crucifixion in BSF and being asked to answer questions about various events. “Satan is a great help heavenward.” I believe E.M. Bounds said that and it’s just so profound and applicable sometimes.


12. Name one thing that you do as a parent that you absolutely know will make your kids happy. If you're not a parent, feel free to substitute "friend" or nomenclature that works for you. Working on the photos. She’s already enjoying the fruits of the little bit of labor I’ve put into the process.

To check on other’s Random, hop on over to Linda’s place at 2nd Cup of Coffee.

I have a confession to make. I haven’t been a very good Random’er lately. I link up on Wednesday mornings and then head out to BSF. When I get home, I usually try to get a jump on the homework. And by the time I get back to the random, I feel like I’m the last one to the party. But I will try harder to check more of you out this week.  : )

5 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

I agree on #1.
#6 cracked me up.
I loved #3...you are so cute.
LOL at #9!!!

Cheryl Barker said...

Good luck getting caught up on your photos. Amazing how easy it is to fall behind with that. I had to take a few days out a couple of years ago just to get caught up. Felt so good. But you guessed it, I'm behind again :)

Jewel said...

Good answer.. Andy Taylor has a beautiful porch!!

I love dried fruit mixes and after I take out all the raisens and cranberries, and leave myself with the apple, papaya, and pinapple, it seems the bag is nearly empty! Sad. :(

Thena said...

Pizza without cheese I couldn't imagine. Without the sauce definetly, I don't care for the sauce very much.

Jill said...

I love your Andy Griffith porch answer! And I'm not going to say how I would rate my car's cleanliness right now. It's gone by the wayside like a lot of other things in my life while I'm pregnant and too exhausted to do anything I don't have to.