
1. What was the last song you listened to? I thought I was going to say that I didn’t know, but then I heard We Will Rock You coming out of my daughter’s iPod this morning. I have no idea why. lol
2. Have you ever had “buyer’s remorse” over anything? Yes, I did once on a car, but ended up loving it. Bought it just before hubs and I started dating. It was a red Honda Civic back when that model wasn’t the size of a tuna can. We drove the wheels off that car. And again on a house we signed the deal on probably a year after our son died. We couldn’t do it and pulled out of the deal. I am so thankful we did. I think about that all the time. It just wasn’t for us…and we just weren’t ready to let go of the house we ALL lived in.
3. What is something in your life that you are thankful for now that you didn’t think you would be at the time of the event? (Something that seemed ill-timed, inconvenient or hurtful which turned out to be a good thing) There was tremendous growth during the time our son was ill. Not necessarily thankful for the situation, but thankful for all I learned through it.
4. Do you watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade every year? If so, do you have a favorite float or balloon? Nope. Don’t watch.
5. Share a quote, scripture, poem or lyric which has been an inspiration to you lately. When I was doing the Beth Moore study for a little while, she made a comment during one of the videos she said “may there never be a rock that has to cry out in my place”. I think we should all feel that way.
6. This is meant to be a fun question, and this is a G-rated blog, but please share a “guilty pleasure,” something that you enjoy that’s probably not the most edifying, time-worthy or healthy thing you could be indulging in. Did I mention this blog is rated G? Hmmm too much tv, overeating. How’s that?!
7. What Thanksgiving food are you looking forward to? Dressing! My mom taught me how to make it, thankfully. And it’s so good. And interestingly, it’s Paula Deen’s basic dressing recipe, almost to the T. I kinda got a kick out of that when I noticed it for the first time. I use biscuits instead of bread and I use the cornbread recipe on Aunt Jemima cornbread packages… because that’s what my mama told me to do. I do skip out on adding shortening to the skillet though. I just spray it with non stick spray. Oh yes, I also skip the celery. : p
8. What is your favorite book to read to children, or what was your favorite childhood book? Gosh, I have no idea. The kids had a children’s Bible and we read that to both of our kids. Especially loved reading it to our son, because he was so animated during the stories and would act everything out. Very funny and very cute. A bit poignant to think of that now, as I can also recall when he was too sick to do it anymore.
9. Do you collect anything? (Feel free to post a photo.) When I was little, I collected mouse things…stuffed animals, figurines, just about anything with a mouse on it. I have a ton of mouse Christmas ornaments. And lots of other things. I even had some bigger things. Eventually I decided a grown up should not have that sort of thing all over the place and I got rid of most of it. I only have a couple of them out now and they’re small and I’m pretty much the only one that notices them.
This is on my window ledge at the sink. The one on the left is a candle topper.
Had relatives that went through the ceramics phase in the 70’s and I received this as a gift. It’s above my kitchen cabinets…and yes I stood on a stool to take this picture.
No… this is not a dead mouse. Although it sorta looks like one. I am not exactly sure what it’s made out of, but it has certainly not aged well, let’s put it that way. It has fur on the outside, that I’m thinking might have been real fur of some sort. But this was my favorite toy when I was a kid. I had a cousin with one of these and also a little friend had one, and we would play “mousie” I got together with either of them. She had a little bed and little toys and it was like we were playing doll house, but with our mousies. I know.. strange. But hello.. I’ve still got her. She lives in a little cedar chest on my dresser.
10. Gift bags or wrapping paper? Both. If it’s not a square and I can’t figure out how to wrap it, it goes in a bag. And also, if I want to hide it’s shape, which is frequent with a kid in the house, then sometimes I’ll go for the gift bag… or a bigger box.
11. Share an after-school memory from when you were younger. What was your routine like on an average day? Snack, homework and play. I remember I never got to watch Truth or Consequences with Bob Barker at 4pm. My dad was coming home from work, so I always had to turn it off.
12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish?? As always, there is always a curve ball question that I have no idea what it means, and this is the one for this week. I have no idea!
To see how everyone else answered these burning questions, head over to 2nd Cup and check it out.
8 comments:
I looked at Paula's recipe but it don't look like the cornbread dressing my Mom use to make. Now she makes it with another way and it's just not the same. Love old-fashioned cornbread dressing. Truth or Consequences haven't thought about that show in years.
When I was small (around 3 or 4) my mom saw that I had stuck something in my pocket. She asked me what it was & I said it was just my mouse. She freaked out - I had been playing with a little dead mouse. I thought it was just another stuffed animal - it was so cute & little!
I go with break stuffing. That is my favorite and I don't care what Paula says, mine is better. haha.
Good answers. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only person who doesn't like celery in dressing!
So funny Kay. I do feel for the fish..sympathy. :)
I am surprised about your cute mouse phase and collection. I am also relieved it was mice and not rats!!!
I have never made dressing...someone else always does it. Maybe one day when I am a grownup I will do it. Maybe.
I think everyone is partial to their own dressing recipes : ) I'd love to try some others, maybe just not on Thanksgiving.
It seems like these questions brought up lots of memories for you today...sending hugs your way.
I've only ever had cornbread dressing once in my life and really enjoyed it.
I had a little toy that looked like a dead mouse when I was little too. It was actually a little souvenir from Greenland and was a little seal but it had the same dead mouse look in my hand. LOL.
I loved Bible stories as a child too, but my favorite fiction book, hands down, was "Charlotte's Web."
And I think I don't fish because I feel for the fish a bit too much! ( :
Post a Comment