Thursday, November 12, 2009

not so smart

So sometimes I think I’m just pretty stupid not so smart.  I did the Random Dozen thingy yesterday, and the last question was:

12. True story: Once, in a job interview, I was asked this question and told there would be no clarifying; I simply had to answer the question: “When you’re fishing, do you feel for the fish?” So what about you? Do you feel for the fish??

You know how sometimes you can read a sentence and because of structure or some unknown factor, you just can’t seem to read it correctly or inflect it correctly in your own head so that the sentence makes sense.  So… I kept staring at that question and for the life of me, couldn’t figure out what she was talking about.  feeling for the fish???  I kept thinking feeling around in the water.  What would be up with that?  So I pretty much just skipped that one.  I even talked in comments on somebody else’s blog about how my daughter’s class went on a field trip and they went fishing and the leader guy told them it was CPR fishing.  Catch. Picture and Release.  And how I felt SORRY for the fish because I didn’t want them to die while the kids rinky dinked around with them.  So I guess I did answer the question, just not here. And no, I still didn’t get the question, even while I was answering it somewhere else. Later, it hit me and I just kept saying DUH. 

So there ya go. My pretty stupid not so smart inner workings.

4 comments:

Busy Bee Suz said...

You make me laugh. You just had a blonde moment. I have them alllll the time. you are not stupid, you are human..and there are many ways to look at words you know. Sometimes I accidentally feel for the fish..and they are slippery!

Beckypdj said...

I read it both ways :)

Wade's World said...

It's not just you. It's a very poorly worded question. I read it wrong the first time also!

~C~ said...

The whole time I was reading this I was thinking of feeling the fish tug on the line, until I got to the very end when you said DUH, feel for the fish. HA HA HA Not just you.