Saturday, November 28, 2009

over the river and through the woods…

…. to Grandmother’s house we go!

We decided last Friday morning (a week ago) before Boo went to school that we would go to Missouri to visit hub’s folks THE NEXT DAY. Yes, we are gluttons for punishment to pack and try to pull off something like that in one day.

But I got everything ready and we were able to swing it.

We drive through Oklahoma on the way….making the over the river and through the woods part a little incorrect. It’s more like cows and casinos… with a little lake thrown in every now and then, but I guess that doesn’t have the same ring to it, does it?! My apologies if you live in the wonderful state of Oklahoma, as I’m sure there are some lovely things there, but for those of us just traveling through, it’s just a whole lotta nothing. And did I mention it’s pretty flat as well? And kinda desolate? Makes for a thrilling all day drive. Just sayin’.

I could do a whole post on getting ready to hit the road Saturday morning. We had to take the cat to the vet to board. And she was beginning to catch wind of this fact while we were moving suitcases into the living room Saturday morning. Usually I snatch her up and put her in the bathroom while we get ready so we don’t have to get her out from under the bed. But I messed up and she didn’t make it into the bathroom. But she did make it under the deepest recesses of the bed. Did I mention it’s king sized? We pretty much had to take the bed apart in order to get her out. But we finally succeeded and we were able to get on the road…. thirty minutes late!

I started to take a picture of her under the bed, but figured I’d better leave well enough alone and move on with poking and prodding to get her out of there. Hubs mentioned that this would make excellent blog fodder, and it looks like he’s correct, since I’ve just decided this is enough for one post! LOL

Next post… lunch at a family icon in Tulsa!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

oh... my cat likes to hide too! all we have to do it take out that cat carrier and she is gone! i can't believe you had to take apart the bed-yikes! can't wait to hear more about the trip!

Busy Bee Suz said...

I was wondering if you guys went out of town. Those cats....they can cause chaos.
You should triple it and try that out. :) I never board ours, I would not punish my vet like that.

Can't wait to hear more of the trip...so what you are saying is: I SHOULD plan a HUGE family trip to OKLAHOMA? Ok, I won't.

Beckypdj said...

Arkansas is the place to travel through!! Lots of great scenery. Hope you had a great trip, can't wait to hear about it.

Gberger said...

It's so hard on the pets when we go away! I missed our cats terribly, and was SO glad to see them when we got home. They are happy to have us back (more like dogs than cats). So glad that you came up with a fun plan for the holiday.
Do you read Pioneer Woman's blog? She's in Oklahoma. =)